overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Pale Lager
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 1790   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Bright pale golden; fruity nose; crisp and clean, slightly bitter up front, smooth aftertaste.

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAR 15, 2002
I see people talking Harp & Guiness to make a Black and Tan. Isn’t it Guiness Stout and Bass Ale, ala the Beastie Boys - ’Mix the Guiness Stout with the Bass Ale’? Someone message me on this so I can clear it up.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Eh... If I want an imported lager I’ll drink Warsteiner. Helpful hint: Never ask for a black-and-tan in an actual Irish pub; the name refers to a much-hated English/Loyalist paramilitary group from the early days of Irish independence.

WillyTheFrog99 (31) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 13, 2002
A very smooth lager. My overall impression was really good - its smoothness and crisp flavor will have me coming back. A note of spiciness, and I hear it’s perfect with Guinness for the Black-and-Tan. I guess you could say Harp is to lager as Guinness is to stout.

Skrip99 (82) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 12, 2002
A good tasting lager. Not as bitter as you’d expect.

msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2002
Medium golden hue. Nothing real noteworthy about the aroma, but I did detect a little sweetness. Decent head. Impressive lace. The overall flavor profile was good for a lager. Very smooth, no bitterness. All in all, definately a ’go to’ lager.

noy-zee (63) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2002
a wonderful bitter flavor that leads tongue craving for more.

greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2002
Not too bad, the aroma leaves a little to be desired. Much easier to drink than Guinness. I think it’s a bit overpriced though.

Raytailgater (105) - Rockledge, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 7, 2002
A good beer. Was better before they changed brewing locale.

duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAR 6, 2002
Thin edgy, standard lager, nothing to write home about.

Primobang (18) - New Hampshire, USA - MAR 1, 2002
A great beer, if you like beer. A strong full taste that has some spice to it, a darker beer. But if you are looking for a watery beer to get you drunk then try Keystone.