overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Pale Lager
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 1836   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Bright pale golden; fruity nose; crisp and clean, slightly bitter up front, smooth aftertaste.

Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Very Full and hoppy , great finsh...a good larger

thedodlanman99 (7) - USA - MAR 20, 2002 does not count
Very good beer. Nice presentation with great flavor. Slighty hoppy finish. After 7 I did’nt get a headache!

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2002
A decent lager. I wasn’t expecting much from Harp to tell you the truth, but it poured to a nice, golden color in the glass and left a ton of lace. Slightly sweet with a nice hop twang on the finish. Very drinkable.

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 19, 2002
a decent import lager. just decent. thicker mouthfeel than it looked. a little hoppy too. When I’m in the mood, I’m much more apt to order a ’black&tan’(bass) than a ’half&half’ (harp)

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAR 15, 2002
I see people talking Harp & Guiness to make a Black and Tan. Isn’t it Guiness Stout and Bass Ale, ala the Beastie Boys - ’Mix the Guiness Stout with the Bass Ale’? Someone message me on this so I can clear it up.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Eh... If I want an imported lager I’ll drink Warsteiner. Helpful hint: Never ask for a black-and-tan in an actual Irish pub; the name refers to a much-hated English/Loyalist paramilitary group from the early days of Irish independence.

WillyTheFrog99 (31) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 13, 2002
A very smooth lager. My overall impression was really good - its smoothness and crisp flavor will have me coming back. A note of spiciness, and I hear it’s perfect with Guinness for the Black-and-Tan. I guess you could say Harp is to lager as Guinness is to stout.

Skrip99 (82) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 12, 2002
A good tasting lager. Not as bitter as you’d expect.

msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2002
Medium golden hue. Nothing real noteworthy about the aroma, but I did detect a little sweetness. Decent head. Impressive lace. The overall flavor profile was good for a lager. Very smooth, no bitterness. All in all, definately a ’go to’ lager.

noy-zee (63) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2002
a wonderful bitter flavor that leads tongue craving for more.