overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Pale Lager
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 1765   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Bright pale golden; fruity nose; crisp and clean, slightly bitter up front, smooth aftertaste.

Odin (123) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 23, 2002
A very good lager. Jumps in your mouth bitterly and then rolls down smooth as silk.

LeoR (57) - Arkel!, NETHERLANDS - MAR 23, 2002
Dull, uninspiring......... .................. ........

aracauna (3692) - Georgia, USA - MAR 22, 2002
Good for a lager, but still a lager. I've used it for Half and Halves with Guinness before and since I'm not the best pourer, when I got to the bottom and there was more Harp than Guinness it was a dissapointment.

jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Clear,golden with a nice head. Slightly toasted malt with subtle hop bite. Clean and refreshing. Above average as lagers go.

Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Very Full and hoppy , great finsh...a good larger...........................

thedodlanman99 (7) - USA - MAR 20, 2002 does not count
Very good beer. Nice presentation with great flavor. Slighty hoppy finish. After 7 I did'nt get a headache!

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2002
A decent lager. I wasn't expecting much from Harp to tell you the truth, but it poured to a nice, golden color in the glass and left a ton of lace. Slightly sweet with a nice hop twang on the finish. Very drinkable.

Drew (2470) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 19, 2002
a decent import lager. just decent. thicker mouthfeel than it looked. a little hoppy too. When I'm in the mood, I'm much more apt to order a 'black&tan'(bass) than a 'half&half' (harp)

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAR 15, 2002
I see people talking Harp & Guiness to make a Black and Tan. Isn't it Guiness Stout and Bass Ale, ala the Beastie Boys - 'Mix the Guiness Stout with the Bass Ale'? Someone message me on this so I can clear it up.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Eh... If I want an imported lager I'll drink Warsteiner. Helpful hint: Never ask for a black-and-tan in an actual Irish pub; the name refers to a much-hated English/Loyalist paramilitary group from the early days of Irish independence.