overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Pale Lager
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 1790   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Bright pale golden; fruity nose; crisp and clean, slightly bitter up front, smooth aftertaste.

heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - NOV 6, 2001
A very, very ordinary beer. Nowhere near woth the price tag. That said, better than Bud

Radek Kliber (7359) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - OCT 28, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2003 Maybe it was not freah but it was a bit skunky and bitter . For bitter beer lovers.

cogman99 (7) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 24, 2001 does not count
Crisp, simple lager. Relatively smooth with little aftertaste. Try it as a half and half with Guinness.

kingstratego (82) - Grävenwiesbach, GERMANY - OCT 21, 2001
Smells a bit stale even when it’s fresh from tap. Tastes a bit weak but refreshing.

Eoin Ruane99 (1) - USA - OCT 19, 2001 does not count
This beer lacks any real flavour, even for a lager. After my first couple of sips, I thought that the bar had watered it down. I’ve tried it again since - no difference. I prefer lagers with a little more body.

bhenry76 (101) - Landenberg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 16, 2001
Good bitterness but a bit sour aftertaste.

Indra (2711) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - OCT 12, 2001
Re-rated. I’m not sure quite sure what I ever saw in this beer. It has to have changed somewhat dramatically, or I have...and seeing as how I’m one of those who likes almost everything...I dunno. Either way, this is a very non-special lager. Totally ordinary in basically every way. Oh, well. There’s lots more to choose from...

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - OCT 10, 2001
A nice and crisp lager. Did I say crisp?

MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - OCT 9, 2001
Eh. Some decent bitterness, but no maltiness or tasty hops to speak of. Too mellow and thin, not enough character or body. Largely forgettable, but not actively bad.

jbrus (4990) - Delft, NETHERLANDS - OCT 9, 2001
Lightly sour. But fresh and just a bit better lager.