overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Pale Lager
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 1790   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Bright pale golden; fruity nose; crisp and clean, slightly bitter up front, smooth aftertaste.

zool (41) - Northampton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 5, 2001
My favorite pub beer. Out of the tap, it can’t be beat. However, it tastes much different out of the bottle - not as good by far. Stick to the keg version, and you’ll find a nice mellow taste that goes down, at times, way too smoothly.

obxdude10 (2324) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2001
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2003 A decent beer with an average body & mouthfeel, nothing too special, it's drinkable

Brent (116) - Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA - SEP 25, 2001
Classic lager with a mild, firm body. No frills, always dependable. Can’t be beat for a black and tan.

El Kabong99 (15) - USA - SEP 21, 2001
A clean refreshing beer. Good after a hot day of work.

BeerNazi (169) - winnetka, California, USA - SEP 20, 2001
im not a lager man,but i like this beer.

eireman99 (1) - belfast, - SEP 11, 2001 does not count
quite a fine beer as a regular drinker in ireland

JessterCPA (130) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - SEP 10, 2001
Decent beer, only made so much better in a Black & Tan.

cruz22499 (20) - Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 7, 2001
I was very disapointed. It was like nothing I expected it to be. I was reminded of what my first sip of beer was like. Being the brother of Guinness, now that was very disapointing, I thought it was the brother of Bud. I enjoy it better as a half & half, thats what it’s use should remain.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2001
Good but not great. I liked it but not for the price. It had a strong yet smooth taste to it.

k2 (146) - USA - AUG 28, 2001
Much better on draft. Good beer for the summer.