Harpoon 100 Barrel Series #37 - Rich & Dan's Rye IPA

overall

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   IBU: 54   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
This beer is brewed with our proprietary yeast – the same yeast we’ve used since first brewing Harpoon Ale – and some interesting hop varieties. The combination of Pale, Rye, Caramel 60, Flaked Rye, and Vienna yield a complex malt body that stands up to the spiciness of the rye and the pronounced hop flavor. The rye also adds a reddish hue to the beer. The kettle additions of Centennial, Apollo, and Chinook, and the dry hop addition of Falconer’s Flight add a multidimensional hop character.

Beerathon (1681) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 9, 2012
Huge hop aroma came billowing from the bottle upon cracking it open. Beautiful orange color with 2 finger head and lacing. Fantastic rye spicy taste along with the floral/citrus hops. A bit bitey, but amazing. It shocked me just how great this beer is.

BlueRidgeMatt (70) - Virginia, USA - NOV 17, 2012
I’m really liking the rye beers I’ve had so far. This is my kind of beer. Great hoppy bite with that distinct rye spiciness. Should’ve bought more than one :)