overall
RATINGS: 1632   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Filtered and force carbonated.
Ingredients: Water, Three malts, including a 2-row pale, Northwest Cascade Hops, and Yeast.
This copper colored ale is floral, medium bodied, with a crisp, refreshing finish. Originally our summer seasonal in 1993, it is now available year-round. Harpoon IPA was ranked atop both domestic and imported IPAs by Beer Connoisseur Magazine.

Lunchb0x (20) - Prestonsburg, Kentucky, USA - MAY 31, 2013
Great IPA! The first of many IPAs I plan on drinking in my lifetime! Nice hoppy flavor! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

PhillyBeer2112 (2850) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - MAY 9, 2000
I was really impressed when I first tasted this beer. An interesting mix of hops provides a nicely bitter and somewhat floral aroma and flavor.

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 28, 2001
I really like this IPA! I had heard some great stuff about Harpoon IPA and it truly lived up to the hype.

sethatuml (38) - USA - NOV 27, 2003
Nice clean, biting IPA. Such a great amount of bitter with a clean finish. Can't get enough of this stuff.

BeerMan33 (3) - Blackstone, Massachusetts, USA - APR 11, 2004 does not count
One of my absolute favorite beers. I love IPA's and this is beer doesn't disappoint. The perfect amount of bitterness mixed with a nice crisp after taste. When i sit down with nice, fresh pizza, there is no beer I would rather have.

tommythemule (1) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAR 15, 2005 does not count
Just one of my absolute favorites. Lots of flavor and a wonderful aftertaste. It is not to often I get to have this. My friend brought some back from New Hampshire... Awesome.

BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 12, 2007
Amber body with a little under a half an inch of off-white head. Smells great - like citrus and bitter hops, strong but not overpowering, and no off scents or alcohol. Tastes hoppy - bitter, piney, and citrus, ballanced with a good malt backbone. Creamy mouth-feel on the higher side of medium bodied, but not sticky and syrupy as some IPAs can be. At the same time, it’s very pleasant and drinkable. This beer is really good. A new favorite!

branspra (293) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2008
Bottle. Very nice color with moderate head and dark yellow color. Aroma was great with strong hints of hops (citrius) and some grains. Overall one of the better IPA’s I have had and looking forward to trying it on tap soon.

Ctplt777 (530) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Wonderful beer. This isn’t a hop bomb and it isn’t trying to be. It is an easy drinking, high quality IPA. Literally nothing bad to say about Harpoon. Tastes great and you can drink a ton without even realizing it. Nice hop aroma and bitter taste. Perfect example of an IPA. Cheers!