overall
RATINGS: 1353   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69/5   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 218   ABV: 7.25%
Style: American IPA
Hops: Warrior, Simcoe, Palisade, Centennial, Cascade, Citra
Malts: 2-Row, Caramalt, Munich

Our flagship beer, Loose Cannon wins people over at first smell. The carefully cultivated interplay of Simcoe, Palisade, and Centennial creates a most fragrant IPA—its nose bursts with notes of grapefruit, herbs, and pine. Bitterness is somewhat subdued by the floral quality that pervades the taste. The color is burnished gold, and the mouthfeel is creamy. A strong malt backbone balances out the triple-hopped beer. Its nickname, Hop3, comes from the brewing process: our brewers hop Loose Cannon in the boil, the hopback, and the fermenter. It won a second place CAMRA award at the 2010 Great British Beer Festival.

crockettma (2) - Maryland, USA - APR 20, 2007 does not count
A great beer for hop lovers. I was fortunate to try this beer on the same day that the first batch was bottled (one of the perks of working at Clipper City’s top retailer).

rleveret (2) - USA - APR 4, 2008 does not count
This beer was amazing. I had the good fortune of trying it the first time straight from the cask. The aroma and flavor are straight hops, it’s like holding a handful of hops right up to your nose and taking a deep breath. It’s thick but not to hearty. You won’t need a nap after one of them. This is one of the best beers I’ve had in a long time.

aaronh2012 (92) - Maryland, USA - NOV 13, 2009
It’s my go to beer. It’s wonderfully hoppy but not too bitter. There’s a nice it of malt and sometimes I swear there’s some vanilla in there. Last year I had the pleasure of drinking some from a batch with an extra pound in the dry hop and the grassy hop flavor was stupendous. Anyone who loves hops must try this beer.

KixRules (10) - USA - FEB 16, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2012 My Favorite American IPA...amazing aroma, great taste and finish and for a 7.25% ABV there is no taste of alcohol. Truely a great American IPA!

drunkirishman1968 (2) - Rock Island, Illinois, USA - JAN 27, 2012 does not count
This is my absolute favorite beer of all time. I bought it on a lark because of the comical name/label, and quickly realized I had stumbled into a treasure. A solid punch of hops is followed by an intracate symphony of citrus and spices, to create one of the best beer drinking experiences money can buy. If you like IPA’s and compex tastes, this one is a must-try.

hlinak (4) - - AUG 14, 2017 does not count
This is my favorite beer of all time. It has the perfect blend of hops sweetness and everything. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone