He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (Seventeen)

overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 160   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 510   ABV: 17%
How could we hope to top last year’s Jewbelation Sweet 16 with its cupcakes, unicorns, & Satan’s Ferrari birthday cake? massive challenge. So for Year 17, we threw in a whole new dimension to our shtick – we built our very own brewery! After 17 years of contract brewing, our first Shmaltz Clifton Park batch emerged 17 months after the first draft of the business plan. Coincidence? Renaissance means “Re-birth” in French & Italian. In Buddhism, the concept does not truly translate as “reincarnation” but instead as “becoming,” or a “stream of consciousness.” 11 syllables structure a haiku. Shakespeare penned 17 comedies. In The Simpsons episode “Duffness” Homer sings “When I was 17″ about buying his first beer with a fake I.D. “I drank some very good beer. I stayed up listening to Queen, When I was 17.” In The Office, Dwight recites Rule 17 that all Schrute boys must learn: “Don’t turn your back on bears, men you have wronged, or the dominant turkey during mating season.” Knowledge and growth come in many forms. It is taught that Nirvana is only attained when the soul transcends cycles of rebirth. Looks like Shmaftz just isn’t there yet. So with 17 malts, 17 hops, and 17% abv,JEWBEL4TIONREBORNserves as another mark of our death as a contract brewer and proof of our conversion to a new life as brewery owner…… L’Chaim!!!

joeworrall (86) - USA - DEC 3, 2013
Dark & syrupy poured from the bottle, with a pronounced coffee aroma. On tasting, add some chocolate, with a sweet finish

tsd08460 (1279) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - APR 19, 2015
Aroma: caramel, alcohol, raisin, Appearance: black, clear, brown foam, Taste: medium sweetness, lightly bitter, boozy Palate: full body, creamy, soft carbonation, long finish, Yow. Heavy but I like it!

onceblind (10861) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 23, 2016
Deep plummy brown, and a very thin light tan head. Big nose of port and earthy berries and deep English toffee malt. Gigantic flavor with a load of earthy toffee, huge sweetness, some port tones, deep semisweet cocoa. Booze, stone fruit, a little plum and date, and warm fruity dark malt.

stantheman (1101) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 6, 2014
A 650 ml bottle from Legacy Liquor in Vancouver. An almost black, slightly translucent beer with beige head and heady dried fruit notes on the nose. Dried fruit and chocolate notes assault the palate. Oh yeah, this is good! Big rich malts here, but a prominent hop note evident as well. Body and mouth feel is thick and oily, and that in a good way. Big winner here!

drtbrewster (40) - Arizona, USA - FEB 17, 2014
A huge beer that is big in ABV and comes through, the malt really carries through the palette, I enjoyed this beer and is a must try for all.