He'Brew Monumental Jewbelation Tenth Anniversary Ale

RATINGS: 288   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Contract brewed for Shmaltz Brewing Company. 10th Anniversary Ale brewed with 10 malts and 10 hops. Limited Release

Bill Becker (1775) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 24, 2017
From May 2007 This pours from 22oz bottle(Brewed and bottled in Saratoga Springs, NY) a dark brown with a medium sized off-white head of foam that shrinks quickly leaving just a ring around the glass with a little lacing. The smell is pretty big. I note caramel malt, roasted malt, and an ample nose of alcohol. The taste on first sip has the caramel malt right up front and it's pretty sweet but it's joined almost immediately by some very nice roasted malt tones and some dark chocolate that stops the flavour from becoming too sweet. Nice and, boy, this is going to be a sipper for me for sure because I'm getting the alcohol kick right after the swallow and it's quite warming but the flavours of this American Strong Ale are very tasty so I'll have no problem dealing with that. ;^) Further sips in and I'm now getting some toffee and *that* just makes me smack my mouth in appreciation and...the finish starts off sweetish, turns toward the bitter side but ends up on a slightly sour note leaving a lingering and delicious aftertaste. I'm pretty impressed with how complex and diversified the flavours are but they all work together very nicely. The only "negative" thing I can say about it is that, for me, it's not something that I can finish at one sitting. Not a 22oz bomber. But that's okay. Bottom line: This is a pretty impressive example of the style in my book. If you haven't tried it before and see some, buy one and sip on it. PS: I'm "capping" the 1/2 bottle I have left and I'll sip on it some more tomorrow.

alexsdad06 (10803) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - JUL 21, 2017
Bottle buried in my cellar. I know I had this fresher, but this is in front of me now. Pours a clear amber brown color with a small beige head. The aroma and flavor are caramel, toffee, ample dark fruits, a hint of orange, oxidation is noticeable, hops are long gone, decent considering the age.

AWISLguy (3327) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 13, 2016
On tap at Champps in Brookfield. This should be the correct one ... called Monumental, and advertised as 10 hops and 10 malts. Reddish brown pour. Sweet malts and stone fruits. Thick, strong and somewhat grainy. A definite alcohol presence. And rough. Very much a stereotypical "American Strong". To the sweet side of bittersweet. A tough brew to drink. Too much to it to really enjoy. 13.7

Jabah (536) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - JUN 25, 2015
I liked this one. Pretty good balance between the malts and hops. A lot more hoppy than sweet, but that is expected of this kind of ale. I wouldn’t call it a hop bomb though. This was my first introduction to the Hebrew Beer family. I tried one or two others besides this, and I would say that this was their best that I tried. Probably not a beer that will "super-wow" you or to beermail your buddy about, but I’d say it is worth trying. I would buy again....especially for the 10% ABV!

jbrana (640) - NASHVILLE, Tennessee, USA - MAR 30, 2015
Sweet, plum like, and dark fruit. Slight brandy like flavor. Good, but not as good as some of the later jewbelations.

solidfunk (9407) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - JUL 19, 2014
2006 vintage keg at Black Squirrel. An interesting beast to be sure – it would have been interesting to try this eight years ago as well. Pours muddy dark brown with great head and lacing. Roast and smoked peat aroma in malt. Good head and lacing. Finishes with medium bitterness. Same aged taste in this as well. Light astringency. Very thick consistency. Good stuff.

FROTHINGSLOSH (8142) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 8, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2014 Sampled on draft at Hou Thou this beer poured a black color with a small foamy tan head that faded quickly and left no lacing. The aroma was strong sweet dark fruits, plum, cherry, raisin and tart grape jelly. The flavor was tangy and tart grape jelly, plum, raisin, cherry, a bit of toffee and tobacco. Somewhat boozy. Long tart and tangy fruit, toffee and booze finish. Full bodied. Excellent.

csbosox (1229) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - NOV 11, 2013
12oz bottle, part of the 2011 re-release, has spent at the majority of that time in the fridge. There is a little pleasant oxidation right off the bat. Aroma of dark fruits, dark caramel, dark chocolate, some vanilla and a little orange peel. Thick and chewy, but mostly balanced in the end. The dark fruit and chocolate lingers in the finish, making this a nice night cap. Warming, but not hot, alcohol.

ads135 (5031) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 26, 2013
Another solid offering in this series of strong beers. Trippelish, lots of dark fruit, breadiness, and tons of alcohol.

raradel (343) - Atlanti Beach, Florida, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Tasted off draft at "Kickback’s" in Riveside, Jacksonville, FL. Would recommend trying this one if you can get your hands on it still!