overall
Style: Low Alcohol
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 311   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.63/5   EST. CALORIES: 15   ABV: 0.5%

cazort (568) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 12, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 6, 2005 This brew has a rich, full flavour virtually unknown amoung non-alcoholic brews. It does not taste at all like Heineken, but it’s excellent. The only NA beer to have all in one brew a good body, complex malt flavour, and good hop bite. It might be noted that this one always makes me very sleepy, even with no alcohol...I wonder why? Could it be the hops?

BrotherBeer (13) - Colfax, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2002
I've had Busch N/A, Coors N/A, Budweiser N/A, and Miller N/A and I have to say that Buckler is far better than any of these. That is how I am going to rate it. If your Catholic and give up beer for lent, then this is a good substitute to keep you at ease during those 40 days and 40 nights.

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - DEC 6, 2003
Another wheaty low-alcohol brew. I actually could drink this again, maybe a few.

SudsMcDuff (8523) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - AUG 25, 2006
i have run into the problem of trying nearly every beer my local bottleshop so, on to the NA’s!!!..well, this was a treat actually, clean crisp non offensive taste, i drank this in bottle so fuck the color,i could care less..u don’t pour beer like this in a glass..after hard work or early in the morning, this beer satisfies my urge to kill!

anthlovesbeer (67) - north grafton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 12, 2008
A great choice if you can’t have alcohol...ie: driving. All the taste is there in a genuine, great tasting imported lager.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 23, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has a slight grain and malt smell, not very big.
Appearance- Resembles Heineken, the best looking of Low Alcohol beers that I have seen.
Taste- Once again resembles Heineken but with a more watered down feel.
Palate- A light bodied beer with mild carbonation, has a crisp finish.
Overall- The best Low Alcohol Beer I have had.

ronaldtheriot (2005) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2014
Buckler has a thick, frothy, off-white head, a clear, somewhat bubbly, yellow-gold appearance, and pretty heavy lacing left behind. The aroma is of pungent, sweet, biscuit, and some grass, and the flavor is of sweet grain, biscuit, and grassy bitterness. Mouthfeel is light to medium and a touch slick, and Buckler finishes fairly crisp, tasty, and easy drinking. Yes, it does have a bit of that "something missing" aspect that one gets from non-alcohol brews, but this one tastes more like beer than any I’ve tried, so far. I like it! RJT

SFLpunk (134) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAY 16, 2009
12oz brown glass pry-top bottle. Proprietary dating system.

Quick review: Tastes like a slightly lighter version of Heineken. Off-dry Euro-lager style with that destictive "skunky" aroma and flavor. Crisp and mostly dry on the finish. Like Pilsner Urquell meets Heineken.

For an NA beer in that style, not bad. It didn’t have that slick, almost sweet character that most de-alcoholized beers have. I’d rather drink this than Labatt NA, Gennesse NA, Coors NA, or Kaliber if I have to drink an NA beer.