overall
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 558   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 155   ABV: 5.17%

DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 22, 2002
It is alright. I think that maybe I let it get a little warm. It isn't bitter, though, and I really like the finish and aftertaste (kind of apple and carmel). I am still partial to the skunk in the green bottle, no matter how smooth this one is.

austinpowers (2832) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 20, 2002
I sort of liked this one. Not bad. A tad fizzy, though, but decent. A pretty malty body. Better than Lowenbrau Dark, which I thought was a touch bitter.

1.4
aracauna (3651) - Georgia, USA - APR 12, 2002
Had to force my way through it. Almost no flavor and the metallic aftertaste was unpleasant to say the least. Not bad looking, though.

PSUJason99 (96) - Montclair, New Jersey, USA - MAR 30, 2002
I have tried all of Heineken's products, let me say that they are all bad...I hate how they call this 'American'

Aggie80 (827) - Michigan, USA - MAR 24, 2002
Not bad! The bottle I had yielded no head and was a bit flat, but bubbled nicely. Good flavor and less hoppy then the green bottle stuff.

BeerBaronLS (85) - Grove City, Ohio, USA - MAR 16, 2002
This beer has a huge head. I actually really liked it, which is surprising because their regular isnt my favorite. I was definitely glad I gave it a try.

beerdrinkingking (47) - Colorado, USA - MAR 13, 2002
tastes alot like new castle which makes this a pretty good beer.............

FunkDaMan (38) - New Mexico, USA - MAR 8, 2002
better than their stuff in the green bottle, nothing impressive about it....

Skrip99 (82) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 6, 2002
Umm, well, can't say they totally failed for trying. It's an okay dark beer, but not what I expected.

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - MAR 6, 2002
I wanted #100 to be special, but since I have tried just about everything I can get my hands on around here, I had to settle for this. Not bad at all. Right up there with Becks Dark as far as your mainstream darks go.