overall
Style: Low Alcohol
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 207   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%

GRDSED (1) - USA - NOV 5, 2007 does not count
While in Europe I am disappointed by fluids. The Wines are astringent except for the German Auslese. The Beers are either too carbonated or have bad aftertastes. Water seems like a cop out. The sweet oude bruins are a wonderful drink with street foods. A great replacement for Soda and yummy in their own right. 2nd Best choice Leffe Brune.

MichaelAwesome (6519) - Wanne-Eickel, GERMANY - DEC 9, 2012
Bottle shared with McTapps. The first our bruin of my life and hitting the points high as this one looks and tastes like a sweetish German Malzbier but also has some alc in. Great way to start the evening and still with some nice aroma of malt and sugar. Easy to go and easy enough for me to give away some points.

kraddel (8116) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - DEC 3, 2013
bottle pours dark brown, rather clear, with a red glow small white head bit sweet in the nose much carbo taste is actualy quite nice . metallic-sweetness, some red fruits , sweet, refreshing , i actualy like this ! light, thin, but onley 2,5 abv ... npobody shall ever agree, but i WILL score this high as i like it . i’m sorry craftbeergods, for kicking you in the nuts ...

Christos (5781) - Arnhem, NETHERLANDS - JAN 26, 2012
UPDATED: JUN 16, 2017 (Heineken Oud Bruin) 0.3 cl bottle. Pours a very dark brown, a tone or two before black. Beige head that goes out fast. Sweet, thin taste, very lightly carbonated. Reminds me of a beer an uncle of mine was giving me when I was 5-6 years old, a kid’s beer. It was that which hooked up on beers I guess, so I really liked this beer, also, nostalgia. A4A4T8P3O16=3.5

Hoser (387) - Cowtown, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 24, 2007
When I first started drinking beer I used to drink this as the dark lager in North America but I don’t remember it being 2.5% had this in Amsterdam at the Eagles nest and thought it was more like at Dutch Flanders Brown. Page 220 of Michael Jackson’s Great Beer Guide only 361 out of his 500 Classic Brews to go.

Koelschtrinker (20398) - Köln (Cologne), GERMANY - JUN 13, 2011
Sehr süffig und malzig, sehr malzig, aber nicht zuviel! Sehr geil!nachgeschmack fehlt. Leider fehlt der Nachgeschmack größtenfalls. Sehr schade bei so einem tollen Auftackt. Trotzdem sehr viel besser als andere Biere der Brauerei! Test vom 16.3.2005, Gebinde: Glasflasche Noten: 12,11,12,9,14,11 - 11,10

Tranquillity (2333) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 11, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2006 Happy happy joy joy. The beer, unfortunately drank from bottle (shame on me) has a big bouquet of flawors, ranging from Dumle to tar sauna. Beat that if you can. Long aftertaste which may be intidimatingly sweet.

gringo332 (640) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2008 It has been a while, but I remember it being very sweet and was suprised that it was a Heineken. My wife brought it back with her from Amsterdam.

DutchDrebus (6002) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - JUL 23, 2011
Dark brown colour with some slight redness shining through. Smells like pilsener, wort and malts. Tastes like sugar water, bad cola. Very low carbo. Maybe a nice one to have during a dinner, but not as a beer to enjoy separetly.