overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3577   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

ehhdayton (1188) - USA - JUL 12, 2005
Golden in color with a frothy white head. Not much aroma and a grain like flavor with a little hop bitterness.

matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 10, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2005 You know, I absolutely HATE rating crappy Pale Lagers! I have actually rated Very few of them, but tonight I’m adding a coupe to the checklist!

I’ve probably had 200 bottles of this beer in my life and every time I’ve had it I thought to myself…. “THIS BEER SUCKS, but somehow it doesn’t suck as hard as all the other beers I have to choose from at this particular moment”… and that is such a sad thing! A pale golden body, a fluffy foot smelling white head, the aroma of rotten lemons and cheap honey, a crisp taste of sweet corn with a squeeze of skunked lemon….. Marketing…. Yuppies!
Lord help us!

1.1
Linc (740) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JUL 10, 2005
Replacing another of those mysterious disappearing ratings. A boring sweet beer that enough people have said enough about for me to not bother adding any more descriptors. If I’ve got a heineken in my hand, someone else bought it.

1.1
IndianaRed (5122) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 9, 2005
Bottle Pours a pale light slightly hazy straw color. Lots of visible fizz and a modest shortlived white head. The moment I poured it I though...what is that smell. Up close and personal it has a sweet, honey, bread aroma but my wife walked in the room after I poured this and thought it was me and the beans I had yesterday that she smelled. Thin watery bready taste and feel. Plain flat cardboard aftertaste. Blech ! After I have enough to rate this fairly, down the drain it goes.....OK that’s enough.

fluids (364) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 9, 2005
Joe average bar beer, but probably the best out of them next to Sam Adams as far as Lagers go.

pineypower (3350) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - JUL 8, 2005
Haven’t tried one of these in a long time, saw one left over from a party and said why not. Well, I remember why I haven’t had this in a while. The aroma is bad, but not as bad as other mass produced beers. The taste has that cheap almost skunked taste with little to no depth. Very drinkable when cold, but watch out when this one warms up, o man does it get bad, really bad.....if I had to drink a pale lager this isn’t a bad choice....that said it still is very liberal that they call this "beer"

strappa (55) - Hobart, AUSTRALIA - JUL 7, 2005
Taste is very very average there are much better beers out there then this pale lager

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 4, 2005
this beer is the average pale lager. good flavor compared to the other mass produced beast beers, but very blah

DonMagi (5593) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - JUL 4, 2005
This is an intresting one, iv always had a weee soft spot of Heineken as it has a stronger european lager taste than most and has particularly fine carbonation throughout. Howeveer in saying this its nothign to shout about and just the best i can get in the subclub.

Snoro (305) - Montr�al, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 2, 2005
Ah les bonnes bières réputées à travers le monde. Cette bière ne se dément pas, elle est aussi velouté, elle goûte quelque chose et elle a un ensemble qui nous fait pensé au conifère. Voilà ;)