overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3794   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
lordwunjo (46) - California, USA - JAN 8, 2005
Better then the AmBev crap, but still not a "good" beer. There is better stuff out there.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - JAN 6, 2005
This is a beer I would recommend to anyone who enjoys drinking urine. Over-hopped urine. Come on dude. The hops are harsh, the malt, nonexistent, color = jaundice, carbonation = seltzer. Id drink Heineken if there was no Busch Light around. And I like Busch Light like a fish likes sandpaper.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrBunn (2772) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2005
One of the best things about Heineken is that you can get it almost anywhere on earth and it is almost without fail the same as the last time. Thats pretty impressive. The beers crispness is perhaps its best feature. Not worth getting too excited about, but better than most macros.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
GoldenSpunky (120) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 31, 2004
Not bad. Very snobby beer. Has hints of skunk and smelly cabbage with a watery mouth feel and small particles. Definite snob appeal but not bee drinkers appeal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
nick76 (4387) - Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 30, 2004
A very crisp and bitter beer with a strong aroma. The hops dominate the experience. I think it has been so well said by others here that this beer is just above par, but dont you want a premium beer like this to taste great? My personal feeling is that this beer could be improved by malting it up a bit. Only drink this one when your Dutch family comes into town which you hope isnt often.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2005 Not impressive, but its okay enough. I found it smooth and accompanied my meal fine. Not remarkable, and I wont buy it when I have so many other options available. The bottle I had was fresh, crisp and smooth. As far as ultra-mainstream industrial beers go, its above par.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 23, 2004
Thank you, but Ill pass. You could do worse (Sol, Fosters, etc...) but Heineken is a good example of a bad beer beloved to many. Skunky, dirty, metallic and cheese-like. Why do my in-laws love this beer?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 23, 2004
Ya know, I really thought that I had rated this before, but I guess that I hadnt. Well, here is the deal. everyone has had this stuff and I cant really think of anything clever or witty to say about it. I wonder whta it would taste like if it werent skunked, or I wonder what it would taste like if it were a different beer? Hmmm, that sounds good

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Odeed (1803) - Bakersfield, California, USA - DEC 23, 2004
my friends and i call this the "two dollar bottle of mickeys".this is a brew that tastes skunked when its fresh.it boasts a body that looks the same going in,as coming out.not to mention it costs the same as a nice 6 pack of your favorite local micro-brew.drop the heini and move on to something finer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Tejas (1000) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2004
Cant complain about the arome like most do b/c I didnt detect one, good or bad. Tastes far too dry to me. Actually doesnt even taste like a Dutch beer. To me it tastes Mexican or Peru ala Modelo or Cosuquenas(sp). Really thin like the barley was corn. Quite undrinkable. Now I know why Im just now reviewing this one.