overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3785   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
iam (369) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 24, 2004
I remember years ago when this was "the" beer. Taste great if you’re drinking it in Holland but that’s the atmosphere not the beer. I still get one evrry now and then when I’m feeling a little nostalgic but then I wonder what the fuss was all about back then. Its not a bad beer but certainly no more than average

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - OCT 16, 2004
I really do not understand the popularity of this one (although at least my fellow raters on this website have great taste)! This is really bad, watery with a horrible finish, makes me feel disgusted after I drink it. I will never ever drink one again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hunsell (403) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - OCT 16, 2004
First beer I drunk in my life, and probably the main reason why I didnt like beer for a long, long time...its all around due to heavy advertisement and hard to avoid at partys.. Well, OK, rate the beer...very pale yellow colour, aroma??? Head can get very big when served in a Dutch bar, but disappears very quickly. Tastes like water with alcohol, faint...when served chilled on a very hot summerday its OK, but still, there are SO many better beers in its category

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - OCT 16, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2006 Good, but as they say in the comercials. Its good if you are thirsty. But you can find some others better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
rlgk (18837) - Gteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 15, 2004
Golden with an ok but quite quickly disappearing white head. Weak but ok aroma and a flavor that passes as ok. Some malt, some hops and a bitter finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
PatMac (17) - Wakefield, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Dont know why I like this one, but it has a distinct flavor. Goes good with a second one and gets better from there. Smells like a frat house rug. I perfer it chilled well and tried the 22 oz bottle once and it tasted better? Usaully the best option beyond the screw tops.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Somewhat skunky smell, but tastes ok. I sure wouldnt choose this, given a choice, but its adequate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
diabel (1680) - Aarschot, BELGIUM - OCT 10, 2004
White, fizzy head. Good lace. Pale, yellow body. Smells like a beer, when opened for 12 hours.: lightly yeasty, ligthly soapy. Lightly sweet, lightly bitter initial flavour. Lightly bitter finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
burcusabrews (106) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2004
Very light yellow with a white head. Big saaz nose but not much else. Very thin mouthfeel. Watery taste, some malt adn some hops. Clean finish, could use more malt and flavor. Overall, it is a very drinkable beer better than the cheaper american lagers, but still not something that you enjoy or appreciate.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Mullo (102) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - OCT 4, 2004
I went to the brewery once and thought it was fantastic (I even bought a shirt). This one was out of a can, and it could have beeen better. Little to no aroma. Pleasantly sweet (banana/bubblegum flavours), and lightly hopped. Slight soapiness. Crap gassing. Im sure the draft I had at the brewery years ago tasted much better.