overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3549   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - APR 11, 2005
I drank this a long time ago and didn’t have a notepad so I’m rating this from memory.

madcow75 (426) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - APR 10, 2005
drank right out of the green bottle. I definitely smell and taste the skunkiness that everyone else is mentioning. Very thin feel in the mouth. Have had this many times before and I am less impressed now more than ever. I used to think this was "good beer" in college.

fordest (2470) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - APR 5, 2005
Skunky is definitely part of the aroma and the flavor. Is that right? Is that what they were going for? I never liked this beer much. Bad aftertaste too.

1.3
tritiger1970 (3) - USA - APR 4, 2005 does not count
smells very skunky and also tastes that way. To me that is a bad thing, why anybody would want to drink this is beyond me!!

crazyjoeda (6) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 1, 2005 does not count
I like Heineken. Its not as good as some dark beers but it’s a nice beer for what it is. Its a great "chill beer".

goldtwins (4319) - Nesconset, New York, USA - MAR 27, 2005
Yellow color. Aroma was malty and tangy and some skunk but not as much as I have had in the past (It was also my last drink of the night after many others). Tangy and malty flavor as well. Light to medium body.

JRBowie (18) - Atascosa, Texas, USA - MAR 26, 2005
Can you say GREEN BEER!, yeah for the lover’s of green beer. And the Bachlor that’s out at the local hot spot and want’s to look cool ordering an Import. Dont get me wrong I drink the shit out of this beer in bars after all there’s not many bars in anchorage that have much finer brews avalible. With out a hassel, except 1 if you are ever in town try Humpy’s other wise order a Heineken.

zeprck (24) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2005
Real skunky, real soapy tasting. Why this is so popular I can’t figure out. Defanitely not something I would get again.

Jayb0 (1215) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2005
So, of course I’ve had this many times but just realized that it wasn’t rated. The other night I was handed one after drinking a few nice pale ales and I have to say, it was just terrible in comparison. The well-known skunky character just killed it. On other nights, when drunk against other pale or american lagers I’ve appreciated it’s more distinctive malting and sourness.

BrianG (44) - Johnson City, Tennessee, USA - MAR 25, 2005
Not one of my favorites, but I can drink it. A somewhat pungent, skunky aroma. Rather bland taste with a hint of bitterness.