overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3782   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - SEP 25, 2004
Probably my favorite every day beer or beer to order at a nice restaurant when I dont want liquor or the place stocks nothing creative. Its in the process of being upstaged by a lot of other Euro-lagers that have made their way to the US in a big way. Heineken smells like a locker room, but it tastes pretty darn good. Funny how everyone comments on the smell.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
seeknay36 (110) - DC, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2004
A regular green bottle beer. Slight head. Mild skunkyness to the smell but the taste was acceptable. Not something I would buy but if it is there, I will drink it. Not a big fan of the small neck bottle, I dont know why but it irritates me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Marko (5302) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - SEP 18, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2005 New Review:
0.5l green (surprise surprise) bottle. Brewed by Brau Union Hungaria, Sopron, imported and bottled by Karlovačka Pivovara. Hm. Ive seen recently some cans brewed in Netherlads, and I think some of it is brewed in Karlovac, so i might do a side by side of those. If Im feeling particulary crazy. Big thick but fluffy white head. Goes away at a medium pace. Pale golden colour, noticable carbonation. Nose....not skunky !!! Well, thats a surprise. However, skunk didnt hide much in terms of aroma. Slightly sourish malt + dust nose, maybe some hints of white grapes if I stretch my imagination a bit. Some very slight traces of alcohol. Taste....hm. Some weak, unimpressive, but not offensive malt, some hints of hops (mainly present as a slight bite on the tongue and a tingling weak lemony taste, maybe some bready and metallic hints. Its maybe one step above "watery". Aftertaste ? Whats that ? Unimpressive, but hey, I drank a green bottle of Heineken that wasnt skunked, and thats something that doesnt happen often. My rating wont change though.

Old Review:
Its not one of the best European mass produced lagers, the smell was rancid, but the taste was passable. Nothing I would mind drinking again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MarkBarnes (413) - Waterville, New York, USA - SEP 16, 2004
Not a lot of aroma here and just skunky enough to taste "imported." But, overall, an enjoyable and highly drinkable session beer that quenches your thirst, even if it doesnt particularly excite the palate.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3487) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 16, 2004
500 ml can. Clear, pale blonde color, medium fugaceous white head. Weak aroma of malt. Weak and boring flavor of malt. Very light body, lively carbonation, watery texture. A cheap and boring lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2004
I had a Heinekens when out to dinner with my lady last night. Both of us had the special, a half roast chicken with bread dumplings and the timmings. She had a merlot, I had the brew. It reminded me why Heineken is okay. Not too heavy, not to bubbly... goes along with almost any meal. Its not offensive. But thats not much of a selling point. It slides down fine, but offers little taste, little addition to the meal. A step above a lot of other mass-produced light lagers, but thats not saying much.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hmright (101) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Half the taste, all of the price and hangovers. just does not sit right from the beginning, but i only drank it because somebody else ordered it.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Metalhead (644) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Drank at fridge temp from a keg can and only cuz it was free. Imagine if you will eating (spoiled)canned fruit cocktail offa skunks butt. Here ya are. AND,as an added bonus it left me with cotton mouth. I cant believe we actually use to think this was "good" beer back in the day. Horrible ,vile crap!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
nmoskop (79) - Arizona, USA - SEP 6, 2004
It is what it is...A smooth pale lager with no funky aftertaste. Not worth all the hype, but not a bad brew. I think its coming dow in price a bit also...if so Ill keep a couple on hand.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
macdeffe (52) - rhus, DENMARK - SEP 6, 2004
SIL (Standard International Lager) Give me another one, just like the other one. Boring