overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3773   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 14, 2004
When I was in Amsterdam, I drank this stuff like water. I dont know why, it just seemed to taste better over there. It was probably just because Amsterdam was awesome and I associate the beer with it. Not my favorite, a step up from the Buds, Millers, ect., but IMO too expensive for what you get.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
lytzenhoff (27) - Fuen, DENMARK - AUG 14, 2004
Heineken is just not interesting at all. Of course it goes down (as we say in Denmark), but thats just not enough. (too) Easy to drink. The pure hoppy taste is ok.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
NobleSquirrel (3438) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 13, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2004 skunky with soem hop profile. Better than MBC, but not good. Metallic with some skunky malts and a touch of hops. Blah, blah, trendy, blah.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - AUG 10, 2004
Faint hoppy aroma then smells kind of like alcohol too. White head disappears fast on top of the carbonated gold beer. Not too bad taste, hit more in the middle and end, is bitter, with slightly bitter aftertaste and short to medium finish. Feels a little strange in my mouth. Overall pretty good for a widely distributed session beer. I don't think I will be drinking too much of this otherwise.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
mjg74 (3050) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 8, 2004
What can one say about Heineken that everybody doesnt already know? Its drinkable and better than some stuff. Alot of people really seem to think its a great beer. I think its alright but never buy it, I only have it when others buy it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
travismills (37) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 7, 2004
This is a great beer, one of the most widely consumed beverages worldwide, with great reason.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
JensenTaster (1719) - DENMARK - AUG 6, 2004
(on bottle)a very hard metallic nose hits at first encounter.When I drink it, its very heavy carbonation makes my stomak feel gassy afetr two sips. Iritates my palate, finishes very metallic again. Not my favorite...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
paco (576) - Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA - AUG 6, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 7, 2011 Smells skunky and tastes skunky. A bit of bitterness. More skunky than bitter i guess. Not that bad, not that great. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 6, 2004
Sort of refreshing...yellow, skunky...I guess they use all the ingredients in the commercial description...I would rather drink this than have my genitals kicked...I guess...wait, how many do I get to drink?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
KUEric (949) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - AUG 4, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2005 Good looking beer, one of the most common availible. An excellent flavor for such a popular beer.