overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3749   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

Tejas (1006) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2004
Can’t complain about the arome like most do b/c I didn’t detect one, good or bad. Tastes far too dry to me. Actually doesn’t even taste like a Dutch beer. To me it tastes Mexican or Peru ala Modelo or Cosuquenas(sp). Really thin like the barley was corn. Quite undrinkable. Now I know why I’m just now reviewing this one.

empiman (21) - shawnee, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 21, 2004
My first bar choice when going out (hey, slim pickin’s in Oklahoma sometimes). Consistent smell and flavor, not the best but I still like it.

SDalkoholic (2386) - Linda Vista, California, USA - DEC 21, 2004
24oz bottle: Back in the day i thought this smelled and tasted good. I realize it smells like the other pale lagers, and tastes like them too. Medium gold color with a fizzy head. Corn flavored with some grainy grass. Its okay drinking beer for BBQ’s or buying in a keg for a party but... I don’t find myself drinking this like i used to.

PrimeMinister (138) - Quebec, CANADA - DEC 15, 2004
Pale yellow color with proper carbonation. I removed an appearance point as the beer poured no head. Aroma was impressively inviting as there was no skunky odor. I was very pleased with that since I really wanted to taste a good heineken to give it a fair rating. Dry hop came out of the first mouthfuls. Very little aftertaste. Disappointing flavors with a metal-like finish. This beer felt like making love to a crippled old lady.

macguy (146) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2004
This beer is consistently pretty good for a pils. I’ve drank it in a lot of places around the world and am never disappointed. One morning in Amsterdam, I saw a small tank truck pull up on a quiet street. The driver took out a crow bar, opened a manhole cover and attached a flex hose from the truck to a fitting inside the manhole. It was, of course, a Heineken truck.

hayduke (5204) - Eureka, California, USA - DEC 14, 2004
I was not sure why it took me so long to get around to rating this one, but after opening a bottle I figured out why. This is a really average beer, and is again a case were marketing seems to be better than the brew itself. Some odd odors greet you, after pouring golden with a medium white head. Hops are the main flavor, and not much else. How in the world do beers like this sell so well when there are so many better alternatives out there.

MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 13, 2004
In the famous green bottle- Poured a crisp looking, golden body with a nice looking white head. Aroma is , not suprisingly, skunky, and sweet malt with some metalish aromas as well. Taste is bitter, hoppy, watery, crisp. I’m not to fond of a beer that is skunky every time I have it.

BearBrewer (86) - New York, east village, New York, USA - DEC 12, 2004
slightly better then bud or coors.. pretty craptastic. piss yellow, soda like head, smell of straw and cardboard. Yum... :

donvitozou (141) - memphis, Tennessee, USA - DEC 4, 2004
staple in clean lagers. consistent golden yellow color. taste begins crisp with a noticable skunkiness or dankness in taste and smell. finishes smoothly.

hot2not (26) - DENMARK - DEC 4, 2004
This is a very good dutch beer :-). Tast good - its best on bottle. Nice beer on 4.6% (rate is for the danish produced version)