overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3829   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - NOV 7, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2005 Pours out pale yellow with a head. Very light. Kinda crisp. Better than other domestic beers (Bud, Coors, Miller).

jgentgesdo (694) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 4, 2004
Pours yellow with thin head. Nose is mildly skunky with some adjunct. Almost no flavor except for slightly rancid malt. No aftertaste. Quite bad and I have no idea why many Americans find this to be good beer... many American pale lagers are better in quality (Even Genny Light!), and this is not good.

emotv (353) - Izmir, TURKEY - OCT 30, 2004
Nice lager,i like the the scent of this lager.Not stays so much in your mouth but taste bit sweet.Better than most of mass production beers.

hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - OCT 27, 2004
This is one of the better beers Iíve had in this category. My biggest complain is that it has very little taste. It has an odd finish, at least to me.Iím somewhat torn, I donít hate this beer, but it isnít somethng Iíd choose to have, nor recommend. Itís decent when the other choices are limited to miller or bud.

Misformore (34) - Colorado, USA - OCT 26, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2005 I like this stuff. Also my first beer ever. Not bitter, not a whole lot of flavor but good stuff.

iam (369) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 24, 2004
I remember years ago when this was "the" beer. Taste great if you’re drinking it in Holland but that’s the atmosphere not the beer. I still get one evrry now and then when I’m feeling a little nostalgic but then I wonder what the fuss was all about back then. Its not a bad beer but certainly no more than average

Loddeer (171) - USA - OCT 16, 2004
I really do not understand the popularity of this one (although at least my fellow raters on this website have great taste)! This is really bad, watery with a horrible finish, makes me feel disgusted after I drink it. I will never ever drink one again.

Hunsell (403) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - OCT 16, 2004
First beer I drunk in my life, and probably the main reason why I didnít like beer for a long, long time...itís all around due to heavy advertisement and hard to avoid at partyís.. Well, OK, rate the beer...very pale yellow colour, aroma??? Head can get very big when served in a Dutch bar, but disappears very quickly. Tastes like water with alcohol, faint...when served chilled on a very hot summerday itís OK, but still, there are SO many better beers in its category

Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - OCT 16, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2006 Good, but as they say in the comercials. Itís good if you are thirsty. But you can find some others better.

rlgk (18847) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 15, 2004
Golden with an ok but quite quickly disappearing white head. Weak but ok aroma and a flavor that passes as ok. Some malt, some hops and a bitter finish.