overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3829   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

Marko (5602) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - SEP 18, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2005 New Review:
0.5l green (surprise surprise) bottle. Brewed by Brau Union Hungaria, Sopron, imported and bottled by Karlovačka Pivovara. Hm. Iíve seen recently some cans brewed in Netherlads, and I think some of it is brewed in Karlovac, so i might do a side by side of those. If Iím feeling particulary crazy. Big thick but fluffy white head. Goes away at a medium pace. Pale golden colour, noticable carbonation. Nose....not skunky !!! Well, thatís a surprise. However, skunk didnít hide much in terms of aroma. Slightly sourish malt + dust nose, maybe some hints of white grapes if I stretch my imagination a bit. Some very slight traces of alcohol. Taste....hm. Some weak, unimpressive, but not offensive malt, some hints of hops (mainly present as a slight bite on the tongue and a tingling weak lemony taste, maybe some bready and metallic hints. Itís maybe one step above "watery". Aftertaste ? Whatís that ? Unimpressive, but hey, I drank a green bottle of Heineken that wasnít skunked, and thatís something that doesnít happen often. My rating wonít change though.

Old Review:
Itís not one of the best European mass produced lagers, the smell was rancid, but the taste was passable. Nothing I would mind drinking again.

MarkBarnes (418) - Waterville, New York, USA - SEP 16, 2004
Not a lot of aroma here and just skunky enough to taste "imported." But, overall, an enjoyable and highly drinkable session beer that quenches your thirst, even if it doesnít particularly excite the palate.

1.3
beerbuzzmontreal (3487) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 16, 2004
500 ml can. Clear, pale blonde color, medium fugaceous white head. Weak aroma of malt. Weak and boring flavor of malt. Very light body, lively carbonation, watery texture. A cheap and boring lager.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2004
I had a Heinekenís when out to dinner with my lady last night. Both of us had the special, a half roast chicken with bread dumplings and the timmings. She had a merlot, I had the brew. It reminded me why Heineken is okay. Not too heavy, not to bubbly... goes along with almost any meal. Itís not offensive. But thatís not much of a selling point. It slides down fine, but offers little taste, little addition to the meal. A step above a lot of other mass-produced light lagers, but thatís not saying much.

Hmright (101) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Half the taste, all of the price and hangovers. just does not sit right from the beginning, but i only drank it because somebody else ordered it.

0.7
Metalhead (644) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Drank at fridge temp from a keg can and only cuz it was free. Imagine if you will eating (spoiled)canned fruit cocktail offa skunks butt. Here ya are. AND,as an added bonus it left me with cotton mouth. I canít believe we actually use to think this was "good" beer back in the day. Horrible ,vile crap!

nmoskop (79) - Arizona, USA - SEP 6, 2004
It is what it is...A smooth pale lager with no funky aftertaste. Not worth all the hype, but not a bad brew. I think itís coming dow in price a bit also...if so Iíll keep a couple on hand.

macdeffe (52) - Ňrhus, DENMARK - SEP 6, 2004
SIL (Standard International Lager) Give me another one, just like the other one. Boring

0.9
Nel (180) - Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2004
I have never had any of this beer that was not skunked, or at least that did not taste of skunk. I donít like drinking skunks. I am going to leave this beer to the art majors and community college drama departments.

igel (196) - New Mexico, USA - SEP 1, 2004
Poured a nice head that diminished quickly ? the lacing was decent though. A yellow/gold color with a fair amount of CO2. Smell was yeasty and skunky and not very distinctive. Mouth feel was ok. Not a beer with a lot of character, but it is one of the better mass produced. I have had it numerous times on tap in Europe, and I remember it tasting better. This ain?t a great beer, but it has done in a pinch.