overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3805   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - MAY 31, 2004
This beer is not one of my favorites. It is very light with a pale color and a white head. Sweet aroma.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 30, 2004
You know youre in trouble when this is the best beer at the bar. From the aroma you might guess that a baby skunk is floating inside that bottle. That is impressive. I have to admit, there is some kind of magic appeal in that aroma (I didnt say it was good). Flavor features moderate sweetness by way of adjuncts mixed with sharp skunk bitterness. Very lightweight body. Brings shame to the lager family. Just ever so slightly drinkable. And in no way is this a pilsener.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
envane (570) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Big Can. Slight bready aroma. Taste is sweet, weith an unpleasant metallic aftertaste. At least its unskunky in can form.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 24, 2004
Not the greatest beer in the world, but not terrible either. Good now and then for a change of pace. Better with food to cheat the bitterness of it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
carnival (20) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 23, 2004
Back in the day, when we didnt have a great selection at Brewers Retail, you could go to the Liquor Control Board in Ontario and find some gems ... this was one of them. It was won of the first imported beer that I had tried in Canada, and I was surprised by the skunkiness (which I find refined) and great body and after-taste. I think it has become one of the most popular beer in the world for a reason - as well, from what I understand, many breweries in other countries, have modeled their own fine lagers after the taste, body and flavour of Heineken.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
miko (32) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 21, 2004

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hAl (10) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 21, 2004
Good pilsener. Easy to drink. Slighty sweet. Very light. Good head but does not stay very long. Easy to drink and one of the easiest beers to drink cool on tap. Very pleasant soft aftertaste that leaves you wanting another. Excellent beer for bars, parties and terrases.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pimgref (86) - Gorinchem, NETHERLANDS - MAY 21, 2004
Decent good pilsener. No specific charactaristics apart from the image. Good with a sunny day in the garden.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Imbockinsxtx (82) - Big Bend (Benavides, TX), Texas, USA - MAY 17, 2004
Pours very pale yellow colour with a descent Head. The Scent is pronounced with a bit of a Skunky Aroma with a yeasty Staley Hint. Not abhorrent at all and kinda pleasing in a Rustic Pastoral sense. The Flavour is of a mixture of sweet malt Liqour and some hops. The Head dissipates quickly and there is virtually no lacing to speak. This beer does not let up any thinner than it already is so one can rest assured that you can pour a large glass full and enjoy the Dutch Treat till the finish. This beer is not one that I will purchase on my own volition lest its given to me, but one beer that for Nostalgics sake I will never turn down. It has been a part of my Youthful Indiscretions and it will always have a place in my heart. Salud!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Pours a light green color, like green lemonade. There are more things about this beer that I dont like than I do. The initial aroma and taste is terrible, but gets a little better throughout. One of the worst in my opinion.