overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3821   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - JUN 15, 2004
Pours a yellow color with a medium white head. This beer brings back memories of college. I used to drink this stuff then wake up in my roomates bed. Not sure what it is about this beer but it makes me a wee bit crazy. Anyway, it has a metallic aroma and a flavor to match. The body is fizzy and cheap feeling. I cant believe I actually liked this beer. Ugh!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Pours Yellow...little head. I guess I would drink it over Miller and MGD but thats not saying much.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
thegreenrooster (4335) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 11, 2004
I cant believe i have not rated this yet. Pours yellow with a big white head. Skunky green bottles that we all know and love. Its heineken..nothing special. I love when you go to a resturant and this is the "premium" beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BorealeBoy (11) - Omaha, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 31, 2004
I thought Europeans were supposed to know beer better than us? So why is this beer popular? I have no idea.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 31, 2004
So many beers taste similar to this skunky, mass produced brew. Lump all your moosehead, molson, etc together. Thin, fizzy, with a nasty aftertaste. Its better than some beers, but worse than most.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
VTHopHead (1511) - Seymour, Tennessee, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Bottle - Pale yellow in color with a thin white head. Skunky aroma (green bottle??). Not a very good beer; not sure why it is popular.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - MAY 31, 2004
This beer is not one of my favorites. It is very light with a pale color and a white head. Sweet aroma.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 30, 2004
You know youre in trouble when this is the best beer at the bar. From the aroma you might guess that a baby skunk is floating inside that bottle. That is impressive. I have to admit, there is some kind of magic appeal in that aroma (I didnt say it was good). Flavor features moderate sweetness by way of adjuncts mixed with sharp skunk bitterness. Very lightweight body. Brings shame to the lager family. Just ever so slightly drinkable. And in no way is this a pilsener.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
envane (570) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Big Can. Slight bready aroma. Taste is sweet, weith an unpleasant metallic aftertaste. At least its unskunky in can form.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 24, 2004
Not the greatest beer in the world, but not terrible either. Good now and then for a change of pace. Better with food to cheat the bitterness of it.