overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3547   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

carnival (20) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 23, 2004
Back in the day, when we didn’t have a great selection at Brewers Retail, you could go to the Liquor Control Board in Ontario and find some gems ... this was one of them. It was won of the first imported beer that I had tried in Canada, and I was surprised by the skunkiness (which I find refined) and great body and after-taste. I think it has become one of the most popular beer in the world for a reason - as well, from what I understand, many breweries in other countries, have modeled their own fine lagers after the taste, body and flavour of Heineken.

miko (32) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 21, 2004
..................................................

hAl (10) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 21, 2004
Good pilsener. Easy to drink. Slighty sweet. Very light. Good head but does not stay very long. Easy to drink and one of the easiest beers to drink cool on tap. Very pleasant soft aftertaste that leaves you wanting another. Excellent beer for bars, parties and terrases.

Pimgref (86) - Gorinchem, NETHERLANDS - MAY 21, 2004
Decent good pilsener. No specific charactaristics apart from the image. Good with a sunny day in the garden.

Imbockinsxtx (82) - Big Bend (Benavides, TX), Texas, USA - MAY 17, 2004
Pours very pale yellow colour with a descent Head. The Scent is pronounced with a bit of a Skunky Aroma with a yeasty Staley Hint. Not abhorrent at all and kinda pleasing in a Rustic Pastoral sense. The Flavour is of a mixture of sweet malt Liqour and some hops. The Head dissipates quickly and there is virtually no lacing to speak. This beer does not let up any thinner than it already is so one can rest assured that you can pour a large glass full and enjoy the Dutch Treat till the finish. This beer is not one that I will purchase on my own volition lest its given to me, but one beer that for Nostalgic’s sake I will never turn down. It has been a part of my Youthful Indiscretions and it will always have a place in my heart. Salud!

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Pours a light green color, like green lemonade. There are more things about this beer that I don’t like than I do. The initial aroma and taste is terrible, but gets a little better throughout. One of the worst in my opinion.

RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 25, 2004 I don’t see the allure. It’s a decent brew, but has a skunky smell and isn’t that flavorful for the price. It is smooth and light, though, so it does have its good points. Very overrated, though.

dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 11, 2004
i like this beer. granted its overrated and overpriced but still a good beer.

jasonp (1581) - Ashburn, Virginia, USA - MAY 8, 2004
Nope, not a fan of the brew at all. Pours a straw golden yellow with an off-white head. Skunky aroma. Taste is very lightly malty and hoppy. Boring, forgettable and overrated.

Enniskillen (2060) - Bakersfield, California, USA - MAY 8, 2004
Very light, almost clear, for some reason my friends really like this. It was bad, but I have had worse.