overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3820   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
skaughty (652) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - FEB 4, 2004
UPDATED: APR 21, 2004 Why do people bring me this for parties? Time to stop the BYOB policy!Metallic and Thin. Bad bite and high skunk factor = NOT good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 13/20
Spanner (60) - Canberra, AUSTRALIA - FEB 3, 2004
Not as full-flavoured as I oncce remembered, but it's invigorating taste will delight the cold-filtered-loving set. Spanner.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
hershiser2 (2857) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
Golden yellow, with fluffy head that shrinks quicker than Rick Moranis' kids. Smell is a bit skunky, but somehow, I don't mind it that much. Taste is on the skunky side too, but not overwhelming like some skunky beers can be (see Crapona, err Corona). Nothing special about Mr. Mouthfeel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
LeopardMan (53) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 31, 2004
Pretty clear stuff; no head...this looked rather like apple juice. It has that weird Dutch flavour/aroma which I can't put my finger on but these are nowhere near as evident as they are in many similiar beers. Basically this has been brewed in order to convince the masses of their being chic. Far from "bad" but also far from "great". Drinkable.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
radiomgb (2686) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 30, 2004
Well, what can I say about this one. Why is this so popular? All I got out of it was a really bad metallic taste and skunk. No good at all.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crockett (1116) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 29, 2004
Tap pour. Clear, and virtually without carbonation. Little to no aroma. At least nothing stands out. It smells somewhat like beer. It also smells somewhat like nothing. Used to fill out the import selection. Hey, people know the name. Very flat in taste. A little bit of late hoppy malt nothingness. Popular. When I close my eyes and really think about what I'm drinking I see (1) a hulking macro brewery import surcharge, and (2) A bunch of Netherlanders rolling around on a pile of money. Keep up the good work.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
piscator34 (2493) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 28, 2004
Hoppy... similar to Becks, but with a bit less favour. Light yellow in colour, and not much head. I liked this beer when I was younger, but now I feel like I (along with my taste buds) have grown past this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jollyraider (252) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
Not too bad. Despite what others say, preferable to a lot of beer you seen at college. I liked the bit of bite. Drink it cold to avoid the skunk.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ThomasE (5174) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 25, 2004
Before the great beer rage sat in, this was as fancy as things could get in Denmark when it came to foreign beers. Happily things have changed, and to day one can get plenty of better lagers.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jdog76 (85) - madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Not a very good beer. It was just way to skunky. Any flavor or aroma was dominated by the skunky taste. I will never order this one again.