overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3831   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

JoeMcPhee (9426) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 10, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2005 Very pale straw-coloured beer with a thin head fading to thin lace. Has a sweet malty smell with plenty of great fruity-smelling esters. I don’t know what the skunky smell everyone else is talking about is, I’ve never gotten that impression. I think this is a pretty good straight-forward lager.

1.2
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Truck stop men's room nose. Initial bite of nickel finishes with clean quarter notes. I've never had one that wasn't skunked. What, do they store these things on the sun in their pretty green bottles. I'd rather drink ODouls.

zach8270 (4022) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JAN 6, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 12, 2008 [bottle] Smells skunked. Even when fresh it has that bitter smell to it. Very watery and thin. Has a sour/bitter malty taste. Nothing special.

mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JAN 4, 2004
On tap. Clear and pale, not much head retention. Aroma vaguely like a witbier (so THAT'S what it smells like unskunked!). Flavour slightly malty, lacking any hops. Vaguely reminiscent of soda water. Thin (!) body. Avergae, but there's worse.

sdfink (30) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Watery. Lacks body. Skunky aroma. Entirely forgettable and avoidable. Adequately carbonated.

Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - JAN 3, 2004
From a can. Light, highly transparent golden yellow. Fairly watery, yet noticable malts. Nothing to get excited about, though and neither are the barely noticable hops. Little aftertaste and body, lots of carbonation. Nothing vile, really, but not good either.

DatFlycat (12) - Los Gatos, California, USA - JAN 3, 2004
Indeed pretty skunky. I get the feeling that it really would be a decent beer if not for the sunlight exposure (green glass). Alas, I must rate it as it comes, and it always comes Pepe Le Peu. Curiously, I actually dislike it on tap. I can drink this beer, but it is rather pedestrian.

Agtronic (29) - Laval, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 3, 2004
I like the skunky aroma, LOVE the bittery flavor. A good everyday beer, but not really one to get drunk on. More of a hot summer day after mowing the lawn kind of beer. I don't see why the skunk smell or flavor would be a turn off, it gets me excited and I enjoy it very much.

Bainer (45) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 31, 2003
A bitter, bitter beer. Not a fan of this stinky, flat, putrid offering. Take a pass guys.

1.2
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2003
I can't believe that so many people like this skunked up piss. Good ad campaign I guess because this is one more shitty brew in a green bottle. Light in color, skunky in taste, skunky in smell. NO good!