overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3539   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

spyros (68) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - MAY 16, 2017
Stvordecova flaska europiva. Nestaci, ze leziak, este aj bez chute. Najlepsie na pive je pena, aj ta rychlo vyprcha.

thedeadeye77 (4) - Lisbon, PORTUGAL - MAY 14, 2017 does not count

wojanex (285) - warszawa, POLAND - MAY 11, 2017
no nie ma bezbolesnego powrotu po kraftowaniu do koncernowych lagerów. niebywały syf, smakuje jak rozwodniony sok z elektrolitu z domieszką rozpuszczonej tektury. nawet z lodówki nieznośne. szkoda gadać.

Musicoholic (73) - Szczecin, POLAND - MAY 11, 2017
Barwa ?ó?ta, piana bardzo ma?a, szybko opada. W aromacie wyczuwalne s?ody i troch? cytrusów. Jak na koncernowy lager mocno s?odowe w smaku. Je?eli ju? musimy wybiera? mi?dzy koncerniakami to Heineken jest jednym z lepszych.

GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - MAY 9, 2017
I remember back in the day, FuzeTV was cool; it had this music video program called "Red Star Sounds", sponsored by, of course, Heineken. Heineken is one of those beers that you usually find to be skunky in the bottle, but the cans don’t usually have that problem. Back in the day, I actually used to think of Heineken as a "Classy Beer"; I had remembered to old ads back in magazines in the 80s, with the tagline, "Come to think of it, I’ll have a Heineken". The classic early 70s Jack Nicholson film The Last Detail has a scene where Nicholson tells Randy Quaid’s character that they’re going to have a Heineken; in Jack’s own words, "It’s the best beer in the world, kid - President Kennedy drank it!" I will admit that it was a step up from Miller High Life, and it did look good in a frosty cold bottle - although sadly Heineken has changed their bottles from the slick, short "fattie" bottle that the had sold in the U.S. for decades, to the same-old, same-old longneck style that every other damn beer has; what’s wrong with being unique? I also remember around early 2007, I was in the process of being hired for a Payroll job, and it was looking quite good; unfortunately, it would be almost a month before I would start the job, and I was running out of money. Thankfully, about seven years earlier, I had ignored my sister-in-law when she was telling me a specific Cold Steel knife (the Recon Tanto) would be a "waste of money". Well, I was determined not to be bossed around, so I bought that Recon Tanto then and there - bragging to her how cool it was (and it WAS cool!); flash-forward seven years, and I’m at a pawn shop, pawning it for $80.00 (I had bought it for about $100.00, so it had retained very good value!) - now I had grocery (and Heineken!) money! I dropped by my local Bruno’s (a now-defunct high-end grocery store in my area - they really were great!), got some groceries and a 12-pack of Heineken; I got home, changed my clothes, sat down all bundled up at my computer with my space heater under the desk, keeping me nice in toasty on that cold February afternoon, and I started chugging back those frosty bottles of Heineken while surfing the Internet; I think back then I had gone to sites like Digg.com, Rense.com, and a few others; this was the early days of YouTube, so I checked out some music videos there, but also Google still had Google Video up (back then they had only very recently purchased YouTube), and some kind soul had posted a long video (back then YouTube had time limits on videos!) called, "MTV in 1983" - which included the videos, the VJ’s, commercials, everything! Also shortly thereafter, I they marketed a keg-shaped can, that was quite sturdy (although the pop-top would sometimes malfunction; it required a lot of force to open, but if you miscalculated and applied too MUCH force, it would break and cut your finger!). I remember that can specifically because of a Sopranos episode where Tony and Bobby Baccalla were on vacation with their wives in the Catskill mountains, and were on a speedboat, drinking Heineys out of those same style cans. These days it’s rare that I’ll partake of that Dutch brew in the green bottle, as there are so many better choices available - usually around the same price, too! But I will always remember my days of naivete, when I used to hold up a frosty bottle of Heineken, and say out loud to myself, "Classssyyyy......"

0.9
beerstar88 (587) - Bavaria, GERMANY - MAY 7, 2017
Das Heineken Beer aus Holland. Schöne 0,25l Flasche. Goldgelb mit wenig Schaum. Ein sehr mildes Bier, keine Würze, null Hopfen!

0.9
tntracey (92) - Hood River, Oregon, USA - MAY 4, 2017
About as boring as boring gets. Slightly more interesting than drinking water. Only purchased because store has 4 types of cold beer and I already drank 2 of the others.

gripweed57 (2733) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 3, 2017
From old tasting notes. Clear medium gold color with big bubbles and a foamy white head. Sharp, fruity malt nose. Lightly sweet malty flavor upfront with grainy undertones and a Sutlej grassy hop character. Smooth hoppy finish becomes dry. Pleasant dry aftertaste.

Atom (2535) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2017
12oz bottle pours a clear pale golden with a large white head. Mild grain malt aroma with grassy hops. Taste of sweet non-descript malt with a faint hop bitterness. Not offensive but lacking any flavor and boring. Pabst Blue Ribbon!

PlutonowyMan (826) - Baardegem, BELGIUM - APR 30, 2017
Kolor s?omkowy, z bia??, nie wysok? pian?, która nie pozostawia ?adnych zdobie?. Aromat to delikatna s?odowo?? i pó?niej ju? zupe?nie nic. Smak: ponownie troch? s?odowo?ci i brudne skarpetki. Wysycenie wysokie, kolarzy si? z wod? mineraln?.