overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3820   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

elizabethrich's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
elizabethrich (10) - Iowa City, USA - NOV 24, 2012
Watered down, totally skunky. Really not a fan of this beer, but I will say that I prefer it in the can versus a bottle!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
m7hildeb (161) - - MAY 23, 2017
Bottle. Clear pale yellow colour with a medium white head, nose is grassy and grainy with some citric and sweet, almost shandy-like notes, taste is mostly sweetish grainy with slight cardboard notes, a light body and a not overly dry finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DejanSt (24) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - MAY 23, 2017
Pena dlho nevydrzala. Farba nevyrazna na konci horke co som si doteraz nevsimol

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
stevoj (4856) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAY 20, 2017
Bottle from my father in law. Travelling all day, too tired to go out and buy real beer. I remember this being a lot crisper back in the day, now just a cheap pale lager. Adjunct grains very prevalent in aroma and taste. This used to be a treat, now just another macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
saintbase (680) - Bydgoszcz, POLAND - MAY 18, 2017
Greetings from Bydgoszcz, Poland to all Beer Geeks and Hopheads around the world!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
spyros (29) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - MAY 16, 2017
Stvordecova flaska europiva. Nestaci, ze leziak, este aj bez chute. Najlepsie na pive je pena, aj ta rychlo vyprcha.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
thedeadeye77 (4) - Lisbon, PORTUGAL - MAY 14, 2017 does not count
Clear medium gold color with big bubbles and a foamy white head. Sharp, fruity malt nose. Lightly sweet malty flavor upfront with grainy undertones and a Sutlej grassy hop character. Smooth hoppy finish becomes dry. Pleasant dry aftertaste.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
wojanex (168) - warszawa, POLAND - MAY 11, 2017
no nie ma bezbolesnego powrotu po kraftowaniu do koncernowych lagerw. niebywały syf, smakuje jak rozwodniony sok z elektrolitu z domieszką rozpuszczonej tektury. nawet z lodwki nieznośne. szkoda gadać.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Musicoholic (25) - Szczecin, POLAND - MAY 11, 2017
Barwa ??ta, piana bardzo ma?a, szybko opada. W aromacie wyczuwalne s?ody i troch? cytrusw. Jak na koncernowy lager mocno s?odowe w smaku. Je?eli ju? musimy wybiera? mi?dzy koncerniakami to Heineken jest jednym z lepszych.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - MAY 9, 2017
I remember back in the day, FuzeTV was cool; it had this music video program called "Red Star Sounds", sponsored by, of course, Heineken. Heineken is one of those beers that you usually find to be skunky in the bottle, but the cans dont usually have that problem. Back in the day, I actually used to think of Heineken as a "Classy Beer"; I had remembered to old ads back in magazines in the 80s, with the tagline, "Come to think of it, Ill have a Heineken". The classic early 70s Jack Nicholson film The Last Detail has a scene where Nicholson tells Randy Quaids character that theyre going to have a Heineken; in Jacks own words, "Its the best beer in the world, kid - President Kennedy drank it!" I will admit that it was a step up from Miller High Life, and it did look good in a frosty cold bottle - although sadly Heineken has changed their bottles from the slick, short "fattie" bottle that the had sold in the U.S. for decades, to the same-old, same-old longneck style that every other damn beer has; whats wrong with being unique? I also remember around early 2007, I was in the process of being hired for a Payroll job, and it was looking quite good; unfortunately, it would be almost a month before I would start the job, and I was running out of money. Thankfully, about seven years earlier, I had ignored my sister-in-law when she was telling me a specific Cold Steel knife (the Recon Tanto) would be a "waste of money". Well, I was determined not to be bossed around, so I bought that Recon Tanto then and there - bragging to her how cool it was (and it WAS cool!); flash-forward seven years, and Im at a pawn shop, pawning it for $80.00 (I had bought it for about $100.00, so it had retained very good value!) - now I had grocery (and Heineken!) money! I dropped by my local Brunos (a now-defunct high-end grocery store in my area - they really were great!), got some groceries and a 12-pack of Heineken; I got home, changed my clothes, sat down all bundled up at my computer with my space heater under the desk, keeping me nice in toasty on that cold February afternoon, and I started chugging back those frosty bottles of Heineken while surfing the Internet; I think back then I had gone to sites like Digg.com, Rense.com, and a few others; this was the early days of YouTube, so I checked out some music videos there, but also Google still had Google Video up (back then they had only very recently purchased YouTube), and some kind soul had posted a long video (back then YouTube had time limits on videos!) called, "MTV in 1983" - which included the videos, the VJs, commercials, everything! Also shortly thereafter, I they marketed a keg-shaped can, that was quite sturdy (although the pop-top would sometimes malfunction; it required a lot of force to open, but if you miscalculated and applied too MUCH force, it would break and cut your finger!). I remember that can specifically because of a Sopranos episode where Tony and Bobby Baccalla were on vacation with their wives in the Catskill mountains, and were on a speedboat, drinking Heineys out of those same style cans. These days its rare that Ill partake of that Dutch brew in the green bottle, as there are so many better choices available - usually around the same price, too! But I will always remember my days of naivete, when I used to hold up a frosty bottle of Heineken, and say out loud to myself, "Classssyyyy......"

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
beerstar88 (585) - Bavaria, GERMANY - MAY 7, 2017
Das Heineken Beer aus Holland. Schne 0,25l Flasche. Goldgelb mit wenig Schaum. Ein sehr mildes Bier, keine Wrze, null Hopfen!