overall
RATINGS: 352   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.5/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
An American Pale Lager, Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve blends Henry’s German heritage with the natural ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. If you want to impress your friends, you can say it’s brewed with 100% Cascade hops specially grown in Oregon. But all you really need to know is that it’s crisp, clean and one helluva beer.

cstuartj (1020) - Washington, USA - AUG 2, 2004
A little better than you average mass market brew. It was free at my bosses house or I wouldn’t have bothered. Nuff said.

JPDIPSO (6298) - Wauwatosa, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Dark straw color with a white diminishing head. Light grain and malt aromas. Hints of floral hops. Flavors rather sedate. Mild malt and just a hint of bitterness. It has been close to 20 years since I had this last. Seems to have been downsized so to speak.

DragonStout (1418) - Groveport, Ohio, USA - JUN 22, 2004
Pours a golden color with a thick frothy head.Reminds me of a German lager.Had some body with a good amount of carbonation.Finish was bitter but was good.

celogan (205) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Well I was surprised that this wasn’t all that bad. I hadn’t had this since I was a kid (we wont say how long ago THAT was) but I thought it was pretty decent. I like it better that MGD or any of that crap; that’s for sure. Maybe I just got some really fresh stuff. Had it from a bottle so I couldn’t rate it other that flavor and palate. It had adaquate carbonation and flavor was so slightly sweet with a clean finish. I’d drink this again in a second before any other B-M-C garbage. And for 7.50 a 12 pack at FoodMaxx, for a cheap Pilsner (yeah sometimes you just want a pilsner) It is worth the price.

beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - JUN 10, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 11, 2004 Well, ive taken myself to a new low, this shit sucks. Anyway to rate this brew i would say it has a fairly wheaty and light malty aroma. Beer pours with a golden color with a white head that leaves moderate lacing. Taste is pretty boring, light taste but not much else to it, mainly watery tasting. Tastes like an ok macro, pretty much what it is.

Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Clear golden colour with a midsized white head. Nose is malty, flavour is sweet with a dry finish. A basic lager.

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - JUN 6, 2004
Pale gold, fizzy white head. Light malts, fairly sweet. Light, watery body. Decent for a Miller brew.

oasis27 (4) - Oregon, USA - JUN 5, 2004 does not count
A nice local beer for me, has a strong taste for its low price, a good alternative to bud and miller, as the person below put it, nostalgia from my family drinking it makes this a biased opinion

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 1, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2004 I first had this lager while visiting the University of Oregon health sciences center a dozen years ago. The B&B where I stayed had an open fridge stocked with this brew for the guests. Beats the hell out of fresh baked cookies. Pours golden with a white head. Much more substance here than the mainstream Miller attempts, but nostalgia makes me want to say that it was better in the old days.

Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2004
Good tasting american beer. Had the opportunity to drink this with my roomate at a slug bar.