RATINGS: 41   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%

unclefrito62 (319) - Stow, Ohio, USA - SEP 28, 2017
12 ounce can at home. Smells a little different, Light yellow in color. Light sour taste to this beer. Not carbonated. Smooth and the sour lingers a little bit. Average and different

M4grem (89) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 31, 2017
Taste and aroma like a weak Chardonnay. Not a sour note in sight. Not even sure this worth it either at 3.5%. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Tmoney99 (14856) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 29, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2017 Can. CLAC MRWHMLGL MSSA MBSMTSC MSF MSF MD. Gose did not meet my expectations.

BeerdedDave (1853) - Beckley, USA - AUG 3, 2017
12 oz can; light gold color; fruity aroma; slightly tart, fruity flavor - almost more sweet than tart; could be tarter; lacking the dry, salty finish of a gose

eRock_2013 (501) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 25, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 25, 2017 Recently was able to sample this fresh on tap in Asheville, although not at the brewery. Anyhow this may be my favorite offering from Hi Wire so far, as I personally have not been impressed by their other brews I’ve sampled. This was a good mild Gose, not too far behind Westbrook’s Gose from SC in terms of flavor. Fresh and light bodied, this was one of the least tangy Goses I’ve tried, but I enjoyed the switch-up. Rounded out with a salty finish and a wheaty aftertaste. Balanced and refreshing.

MrBunn (2844) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 7, 2017
Can. Pours a light and slightly hazy straw color with a thin head and with those oddly lovely gose aromas... a whiff of sea air and a little bit of funky barn. I’m sitting here fairly happy until I take my first sip and I get that kind of flabby honey and dough presence that accompanies a Caribbean lager or something. The slightly tart presence comes through shortly thereafter, but I’m lost... adrift. My depression has hit a level that is now almost too much to bear. Err... sorry... that was a bit overly-dramatic. Still, it almost does have that corn lager edge up front and that takes away from whatever sour and salt might push through to the finish. The salt is subtle enough that I can’t pick it up and the sourness also needs a kick. As a gateway gose, this might be OK, but I just can’t find it interesting enough to reach that decision on my own at this point...

Shag (3041) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - APR 14, 2017
A pale yellow color with a white head. A faint lemony aroma. The flavor is actually as sweet as it is sour with some lemon maringue and some saltiness. Overall ok but lacks that sour punch of a great gose.

oobawa (1659) - Tennessee, USA - APR 14, 2017
Fairly tame gose, a slightly tart, wheat-tinged middle meshing with a shitload of Himalyan salt. Never reaches much sourness, almost like a very bready kristallweizen instead of a gose, but it finishes clean and seems to be disappearing easily enough. Meh nose, good texture. Decent brew.

drowland (8955) - Georgia, USA - MAR 28, 2017
12/11/16. On tap at World of Beer in Hilton Head, SC. Golden pour with a small khaki head. Mild tart aroma with a hint of salinity. Mild tart flavor, grainy maltiness, some sourness, mild salinity, a touch watered down. Meh.

Patrickctenchi (6693) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAR 5, 2017
Can: Clear, light gold, almost no head. Lemon, grain aroma. Tart-sweet lemon, wheat malt. Nice, solid body.....increasing saltiness. Very good.