RATINGS: 370   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our ever-changing spiced winter seasonal. A tasty brew that complements all your holiday festivities. It is typically malty in body, lightly hopped, and rounded out with spices that we vary from year to year.

wickedpete (634) - Lexington Park, Maryland, USA - SEP 14, 2008
Thanks to Blake for this one. Brown bodied, tan head. Nice spiced chocolate nose, caramel as well. The flavor is a creamy chocolate, and is lightly spiced, deliciously smooth and velvety. A slight it thin for the flavor but very nice all around.

timsilvia32 (449) - from Michigan now in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 10, 2008
One of the better winter seasonals I’ve had. Red/brown pour, nice whiteish head. Reminded me a little like drinking a windmill cookie, with some caramel toping poured over it. Had this on draft and bottle, definetely better on draft. Also I liked the 2007 version a little bit better, was just a little heavier. Had more characteristics of a Christmas porter to go along with the christmas cookie. I look forward to next year’s batch.

badbeer (434) - Iowa, USA - MAY 17, 2008
Dark red color with an off-white head that retains well and gives good lacing. Wonderful smells of cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, and caramel. I’m digging the taste. It’s got a little bit of hoppyness for balance, but this mostly tastes like cinnamon-sugar bread with a little bit of allspice and a caramel finish. Carbonation is on the higher side and body is bordering light. I’m very happy with this beer and will need to get more of it next winter. Great job, Highland!

biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 17, 2008
Awwww yeah. Winter ales, like most things... if you nail them right on the head... makes you freak out. Malty and delicious with an awesome hop bite and full flavor. Dig it.

Lothore (647) - California, USA - APR 26, 2008
A- Pours a deep orangey brown hue with a thin, coffee head which adorns this beer all the way down. S- Smell is faint sweet malts, hard to detect much else. T- Taste is very sweet, malty with christmas spices and a hop backbone. M- A bit thin and very carbonated. D- Very easy to drink. Not what I think of when I think winter warmer but delicious none the less.

zathrus13 (1776) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - MAR 4, 2008
Pours deep amber, with an off white head. Aroma is caramel, cinnamon, cloves, and malt. Flavor is cinnamon, malt, and caramel. The palate is a little blah.

JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 29, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 19, 2012 Nice to see this in bombers this year, after several previous seasons of swingtop madness! The aroma is even richer than I recall, a sweet blend of vanilla, clove, cinnamon, and sugar. Lots of sweet malt flavors coming through the nose. It’s very nice to the taste too, with a rich body, some hops for balance, and a lovely lingering aftertaste.

bikesandbeers (547) - san diego, California, USA - FEB 9, 2008
sampled at the San Diego Strong Ale Festival Nov 2008, an event shared with what seemed liked hundreds of ratebeerians and enjoyed mostly through a straw, since my face was a bloody mess of scabs and stitches. this came from the RB table full of bottles. I think BBB63 may have brought this one, but I’m not sure. the day was starting to get hazy at this point, and for some reason this bottle was going basicly untouched. The nose was very heavy on the cimamon, which i guess was a turn off for many. it was very malty with tons of vanilla and cimanom, it also had a slightly grainy texture, probably form the massive amount of malt in this. i thought it was great. like cinmon toast crunch. hopefully you like breakfest ceral for beer.

dolemite77 (184) - Maryville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2008
bottled at the brewery, they found a couple in the back... supposedly a pretty hard to find beer. I could drink a ton of this around the holidays, but I’m not sure how I would feel about this if I wasn’t in the Holiday Spirit. STRONG cinnamon aroma, with subdued cinnamon flavor. Other spices but this came out at the end of a massive sampling at the brewery, so I was a little dulled by that point, from flavors and alcohol... I would get this again, but hold out on it till it was cold and festive...

decaturstevo (6244) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Deep amber with off white gooey lace and head. Spices and sweet malt dominates the nose with just a hint of hops in there as well. Flavor of ginger/vanilla/oak? Really odd pleasant flavor with a hint of furit maybe cherries. Mouthfeel and carbonation are solid. A really good beer that is full but refreshing. It is safe to say that it is a spicy mama.