RATINGS: 359   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our ever-changing spiced winter seasonal. A tasty brew that complements all your holiday festivities. It is typically malty in body, lightly hopped, and rounded out with spices that we vary from year to year.

jlruthven (612) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 19, 2007
I really enjoyed this. From a bomber, pours a deep reddish-mahogany, with half-inch off white head that gradually disspates into a ring of foam. Nose is nutmeg and pine, with some light caramel malts coming through. Taste is very spicy...I detect a touch of almond, and a hint of spiced cider. Good offering from Highland.

Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Bottle. Thanks to my Secret Santa. Pours a deep red with hardly any head. Scents of spice on the nose. Delicious spiced fruit cake with some marshmellows and vanilla flavoring. Maybe my favorite winter to this point.

rayg1 (594) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Pours out a deep drark red with a a huge tan head. Aroma is sweet as can be with caramel and spice. Taste is interesting, heavy on the vanilla and cinnamon as well as nutmeg. Good lord this is sweet and spicy!!! I have to say up front that I’m not a big fan of hugely sweet beers. For this reason, I can’t rate this beer very high, however I must say that this beer would be much better if I had split the bottle with two or three people instead of trying to drink it myself. Too much sweetness is sometimes not a very good thing.

UNCCTF (587) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2004
On tap at the Flying Saucer in Charlotte. Wow, Highland just never ceases to amaze. Deep brown with a medium off-white head that retained throughout. Flavor was mildly hoppy with not as much spice as I’d anticipated, but a lot of cherry flavor that made this one very interesting. I’ve now collected the whole set from Highland, and they’ve all been great. Bravo.

bikesandbeers (547) - san diego, California, USA - FEB 9, 2008
sampled at the San Diego Strong Ale Festival Nov 2008, an event shared with what seemed liked hundreds of ratebeerians and enjoyed mostly through a straw, since my face was a bloody mess of scabs and stitches. this came from the RB table full of bottles. I think BBB63 may have brought this one, but I’m not sure. the day was starting to get hazy at this point, and for some reason this bottle was going basicly untouched. The nose was very heavy on the cimamon, which i guess was a turn off for many. it was very malty with tons of vanilla and cimanom, it also had a slightly grainy texture, probably form the massive amount of malt in this. i thought it was great. like cinmon toast crunch. hopefully you like breakfest ceral for beer.

elmatador00 (519) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - DEC 5, 2007
Pours a reddish brown with a tan head. Has hints of caramel, spices, nuts, vanilla, and some dark fruit. Finishes light and clean on the palate.

ttroha (516) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JAN 25, 2016
Bottle from Hop City Birmingham. Pours dark copper with a beige head. Aroma of malt, syrupy and lots of spices. Tastes of nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla bean followed by hints of dark, tart fruits. After taste of vanilla and maple syrup. Medium bodied and medium carbonation. Goes down smooth. Very good beer.

mhelgason (495) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 24, 2007
on tap. small off-white head into clear amber body. aromas of strong vanilla, malts, and other spices. flavor is sweet. good different but more of a dessert beer though.

Garbageman (487) - Lexington, South Carolina, USA - JAN 17, 2013
From tap. Pours a ruby brown. Aroma was vanilla. Dark fruit and nutty malt. Taste followed. Balanced with a nice bitterness. Aftertaste was Dr Pepper! Wife fell in love.

Collint (475) - Sylva, North Carolina, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Off the tap at nick and nates. Poured dark amber with a nice head. A very festive beer. tasted like a cinnamon bun. Very nice aroma, great beer.