RATINGS: 370   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our ever-changing spiced winter seasonal. A tasty brew that complements all your holiday festivities. It is typically malty in body, lightly hopped, and rounded out with spices that we vary from year to year.

surffisher (198) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JAN 3, 2009
22 oz. 2008 bomber. Pours bright copper with a dense, creamy tan head and lots of lace. Aroma is soft and sweet with powdered sugar and some biscuity notes, along with the omniprescent vanilla cream vibe. Flavor is sweet, malty, and creamy with strong vanilla notes and some traditional holiday spices; most comparable to cream soda - pleasant and different. Medium bodied and smooth. This is a nice beer that I look forward to every winter. Definitely a unique take on the holiday ale theme.

scooter520 (185) - - DEC 7, 2012
Bottle. Appearance: very clear auburn brown with big foamy off-white head that lingers quite a while. Aroma: really very mild but hints of vanilla and some biscuit. Taste: the taste really stands out with vanilla, nuttiness, maybe cinnamon, a nice floral hoppiness, some biscuit and just a slight hop bitter aftertaste. Mouthfeel: fairly thin bodied with medium carbonation. Overall: it's a beautiful looking beer but the aroma is so mild and the texture is a little thin for my liking. Ultimately, though, the taste is really quite delicious and the spicing is just right (for a guy who really isn't big on spicy Christmas type ales). Very drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dolemite77 (184) - Maryville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2008
bottled at the brewery, they found a couple in the back... supposedly a pretty hard to find beer. I could drink a ton of this around the holidays, but I’m not sure how I would feel about this if I wasn’t in the Holiday Spirit. STRONG cinnamon aroma, with subdued cinnamon flavor. Other spices but this came out at the end of a massive sampling at the brewery, so I was a little dulled by that point, from flavors and alcohol... I would get this again, but hold out on it till it was cold and festive...

BiochemProf (179) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - NOV 23, 2011
Dark ruby brown pour with a nice khaki head. Light raspberry aroma. No hop aroma (or much else really ... perhaps too cold). Flavor of vanilla and a slight nutty taste (reminiscent of cola). Moderate bitter finish. Medium bodied (slight viscocity) with medium/low carbonation. A nice subdued spice winter ale.

Paincane (170) - Georgia, USA - MAR 8, 2014
Copper amber body w/ creamy tan head. Complex spice & malt aromas. Molasses, cinnamon, sweet malt & nutmeg flavors. Great!

FistFullOfCats (163) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
Bottle. Pours a very pretty deep amber with a generous, creamy, off white head. Aroma of caramel, hops, citrus; floral, but not overly so. Wow. I haven’t had too many of these winter spiced ales, but this is really good. Carmel, toffee, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, malt. Finishes with nutmeg and a crisp and very light hop bitterness. I’m not sure how much this tastes like beer, but I totally want to pour it over pancakes. Very smooth feel, consistency of grape juice. As much as I dig on nog, I think I may have found a replacement for the winter.

StinkBall (157) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 9, 2009
I look forward to tasting this beer every year. My favorite from Highlands Brewing Company. There is a strong alcohol smell to the aroma. The flavor changes every year but is always excellent. Spicy, can be too sweet at times. But overall, I great winter beer.

possumjc (149) - Charleston - Mt Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - DEC 4, 2010
Pours a deep clear amber. Aroma has hints of hops and spice. The flavor is slighty spicy and sweet with a little hops at the end. Another good brew from Highland.

vadavid (142) - Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA - DEC 23, 2007
1 liter flip-top bottle. Bottle opens with a "pop" and a wisp of carbonated air. Pours dark reddish-amber. Very thick, pillowy beige head leaves lots of lacing on the glass. Immediate aroma is cinnamon. As it warms, nutmeg, caramel notes appear. Taste matches with cinnamon being the strongest, some nutmeg, caramel, vanilla flavors too. This needs to be at room temperature to loosen the flavors. Not a bad beer, but for a Winter beer still very similar to so many Fall pumpkin beers.

TheBeerNinja (137) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
I feel I’ve been more than giving with this score (mostly because I like it) This beer is very one dimensional. It’s all about the sweet vanilla bean flavor. The pour is fantastic, mahogony red with a dusting of tan head. I really struggle to taste anything beer about this over the added flavor. I personally like that about this beer, it drinks like a nice cream soda. If you’re looking to please the non-beer drinking crowd, this is the beer that’ll do just that. Do yourself a fovor and give it a shot.