overall
RATINGS: 685   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A deep amber colored American ale, featuring a rich malty body. Cascade and Willamette hops add a complex hop flavor and aroma. This ale is exceptionally balanced between malty sweetness and delicate hop bitterness.

skatam1 (1) - USA - FEB 21, 2008 does not count
This is quite possibly the best Scottish Style Ale I have ever had. Great job Highland brewery!!! A

99cents (1) - , North Carolina, USA - MAY 7, 2009 does not count
My favorite beer to date. I am just getting into the micro brews so take my rating knowing that. And, the fact that I am not a technical beer guy. If it tastes good that’s all I care about really except that I try and buy local beers. In my case that means N.C. beers and surrounding.

Riccardi50 (19) - Montreat, North Carolina, USA - MAY 4, 2008
This is one of my favorite beers. I’m very lucky to live in NC where I can get this whenever I want. In the bottle is good but its a must on tap.

Caldy (5) - North Carolina, USA - MAY 14, 2012 does not count
Great Scottish ale; light to medium brown color with sweet taste and dry, clean finish. Lots of malt w/ caramel taste blended with just the right amount of hops.

sneakyalien (2) - Brevard, North Carolina, USA - FEB 7, 2006 does not count
Great, great, great ale. Maybe not Highland’s best, but it’s their most marketable. Perfect for a wide drinking audience (not to meantion a concert) This is a VERY popular beer around western NC. I think the perfect balance is the key to it’s complexity.

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - APR 29, 2001
This is a great ale with more flavor than your average pale ale. Well worth the trip to Asheville!

Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 26, 2002
Very good. One of the best beers available locally in NC....................

thisbud’sforme (1) - fairview, North Carolina, USA - JUL 15, 2007 does not count
This is a great local beer - easily holds its own with other domestic micro brews and many international beers for that matter.

thedaidai (21) - - FEB 22, 2014
Nice flagship beer anyone can enjoy from a solid. solid brewery. It certainly isn’t the best of Highland’s beers, but I would never turn one down. Nice malty taste and well balanced. Mixes well with chicken dishes too. Makes one hell of a beer batter.

awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 31, 2005
I like this beer a lot. It’s nice to look at, smooth, good balance between malt and hops, and highly drinkable.