overall
RATINGS: 398   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A golden pale having a slightly malty body balanced by an assertive American hop flavor. This pale ale displays a delicate hop nose due to the process of dry hopping with whole leaf Cascade. A crisp and refreshing beer perfect for any occasion.

NachlamSie (3523) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 1, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 29, 2009 bottle. There really isn’t a good deal of tasty brew in my hometown and this is one of the few acceptable ales I frequent. St. Terese’s pours a semi-cloudy gold with a tall head. It has a good backbone for an APA, plenty of caramel, some grapefruit. The flavor is decent: semi-sweet, moderately hoppy. My single complaint is the modest presence of skunk in the brew. It taints an otherwise clean, enjoyable session APA. I think I’m not alone in recommending Highland’s darker ales instead.
[Sept. 2, 2007]
I felt the need to crack this one open yet again. I had a good experience this time. Everything is very clean and crisp. I like the presence of grapefruit and lemon zest in the flavor, but I just need more. Great balance of caramel and acidic citrus notes, but I would like just a notch up. Still, it’s a good drinkable APA.
[November 29, 2009]
Bottle. Let me tell you something: The Highland mixed 12 pack was a much welcome addition to Food City. I like all the ales in this box. Strange how solid Highland’s core lineup of beer is. Anyway, St. Terese’s is no exception. It is not outstanding, but it is clean, consistent and tasty. The pour is cloudy amber with a ring of a head. Smells pretty good with just a little grapefruit bite and hints at wood and caramel. The mouthfeel is medium with light flavors of wheat bread, some citrus, and a biscuity finish. I’d like more hops, honestly, even from a pale ale. But this gets the job done. It’s a light, clean, sessionable ale. I think it’s very cool Highland decide to use American hops rather going the route of a British pale ale. I’ll be back.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 26, 2005
I guess I got a good one. Slow fading, sudsy white head with a clear, deep golden body. Nice grapefruit and sweet orange aroma with light sweet malt notes. Flavor comes across fairly dry with good American hop characters of citrus, dry leaves, and pine needles. Medium bitter finish. Medium, semi-dry body with substantial carbonation. This is a very solid American pale ale, one of the best new (to me) pale ales of the summer. Better than the Mirror Pond that chased it. Thanks Jay.

MrDick (381) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 9, 2005
(10oz bottle from Fly) Pours a soft copper color with some sediment. Distinct cascade hops in the aroma. Very mild palate without too much hops. Some citrus notes, light roasted caramel and sugar. Would be nice on a warm day but otherwise not too distinguishable.

gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2005
I thought this pale ale was very good and refreshing. I enjoy the beers that this company puts out and would reccomend any of them.

walter (359) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - AUG 1, 2005
Bottle. Very nice medium orange/copper color, quite clear, with white head that fades quickly. Nose is a full Cascade hops aroma, but not overdone. As the beer warms some other malty aromatics come through as well as the more citrusy notes of the hops. Medium, even lightish, body with an overly fizzy mouthfeel. Flavors of hops and grapefruit citrus lay over the slightest of malt sweetness and body. Finish sort of fades out into nothingness-- not really any hops bitterness and the alcohol is too low to linger around. Quite refreshing. Enjoyed more as it warmed, and aggressive swirling helped flatten out the fizziness.

LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2005
better than most pale ales i have had, but way bitter on the finish and not because of the hops. kind of a weird yeasty flavor to it... it was aight but i wont regret not having it again

DarkElf (3066) - La Jolla, California, USA - JUL 14, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2005 13-Jul-05 (12 oz bottles: Obtained in trades with suttree and goldtwins, thanks Phil and Larry!) Yikes, this is one boring beer. Light, grainy malts are "balanced" by a vague hoppiness, but really, this is bordering on micro-swill. Minimally sweet, grassy I suppose. Light body, watery mouthfeel, a terrible hang. Grainy nose. Medium straw in color, topped by a sizeable white head that shows good retention and some patchy lacing. I have a second bottle to try, but as of right now, this is utterly forgetable. It has little flavor, no character, and a bad aftertaste. For ratings whores only.

26-Jul-05 Second bottle, just for verification. What I wrote a few weeks ago still stands, as do all the individual numbers. Not a good beer.

fly (1486) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - JUL 1, 2005
Pale it is with an earthy aroma that had to battle getting through my troubled sinuses. Sweetness holds the upper hand over the slight bitter finish and to me is more reminiscent of cane sugar than malt. Somewhat soapy mouthfeel. Fairly nice head. Not nearly as bad as I make it sound, but far from my favorite paie ale.

Mangino (1027) - Mississippi, USA - JUN 22, 2005
Pours a hazy golden oragne color, small white head. Aroma is boring, similar to the IPA from this brewery, in fact this beer looks and tastes very very similar. A bit less hop flavor, and more watery.

Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - JUN 13, 2005
Very mild hop aroma. Coppery pour. Thin head. Not enough bitterness to balance the malt. Good beer. Very drinkable.