overall
Brewed by La Brasserie de Tahiti (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

RATINGS: 526   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed in Tahiti since 1955, using only the finest ingredients from Northern Europe, Hinano satisfies the most demanding connoisseurs with its freshness and quality.

junon (430) - Honolulu, Hawaii, USA - JUN 12, 2008
Only thing of note is that its pretty lively. There is little to none when it comes to aroma. Taste is expectedly crisp however it does have a strange bitterness towards the end. This just another Redstripe.

vulcanmeister (272) - La Grande, Oregon, USA - MAY 31, 2008
Pours golden yellow with a quickly fading thin white head. Aroma is grassy with slight maltiness. Mouth feel is thin and watery. Citrus and alcohol in the aftertaste. So so but drinkable. A bit disappointing, I guess expecting more coming from the exotic south Pacific island of Tahiti!

jbrus (4990) - Delft, NETHERLANDS - MAY 18, 2008
[email protected] Aroma of grain, corn and peas. Pale yellow color, small white head, fair lace. Grainy, pretty bitter, hoppy, also some cooked veggies in the flavor. Sparkling and refreshing.

AgentSteve (1647) - SF Bay Area, California, USA - MAY 8, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2008 So I thought I would chalk up a Tahitian rating, only after seing this guy. Pours a champagne gold with effervescence and a full white head. Nose is a touch sweet and a bit macro like. The flavor is clean and light with a touch of a bitter finish. Just a touch. Drank while imagining sitting on a beach in the South Pacific. I think that’s why I kind of liked it!

mmmbeer (1425) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 19, 2008
Bottle in trade from Snojerk321. Poured into my shaker- poured transparent thin yellow, one finger white head bubbled away with a little lacing, light carbonation. Aroma of thin malt and corn. Hits the mouth with a thin watery body, malt is very uninspiring, finish is slightly bitter with sweetness to throw you off. I’m not chasing half naked women in Tahiti, so I have to say nyet for trying and purchasing again.

estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - APR 19, 2008
Bottle. Straw body, white head, standard light lager nose. Very light and very grainy. Very little bitterness, some German hop spiciness. Not a drainpour, but I would not buy it again. For some reason this is everywhere in Hawai’i.

changeup45 (1731) - Lake Mary, Florida, USA - APR 11, 2008
Golden, yellow colored with moderate head and some pretty good lacing on the glass. It is kind of ho hum. Smooth and pretty refreshing with some malts and a corn flavor mixed in. Ever so slight presence of a skunk taste but it wasn’t skunky. This was the 58th anniversary Hinaro Tahiti lager I sampled and I have no idea what the anniversary was for. 9 bucks for a six pack in Maui."

BelgianBeerGal (4066) - Panama City, Florida, USA - MAR 12, 2008
UPDATED: APR 26, 2010 Bottled. Very pale yellow colour with a fizzy white head. Aroma of grass, grain and faint citrus. Flavour is light malt and a strangely sour citrus. Boring but not offensive. Goes well with kalua pig.

Sparky (2244) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 11, 2008
Another bottle from Cost Plus. So I thought, “A beer from Tahiti, cool!” Meh, not so much. Very similar to the Tsingtao I just rated without the skunk – must be because it’s in a brown bottle rather than green. Pours a light golden color with a decent white head. Nose is light malt and minimal hops. Palate is mostly sweet malt. The label says they’ve been brewing it since 1955. I guess it’s better than no beer, but if I’m ever in Tahiti I’ll opt for a rum drink with an umbrella in it.

JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - FEB 23, 2008
Pours a gold color. Aroma and taste are very mild, much like a normal pale lager. Pale malts, somewhat boring but not bad.