overall
Brewed by Brauerei Hirt
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Hirt, Austria

RATINGS: 93   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Our traditional, all-natural full-bodied Hirter 1270er is a delicious interplay between ancient recipes and modern-day tastes. Its characteristic color is due to the gently roasted, caramelized brewing malt.

The water of the Hanslbauer spring and the prolonged maturation time make the Hirter 1270er a GMO-free, non-pasteurized and all-natural beer specialty.

Its delicately balanced, malty flavor, which is enhanced by the subtly integrated carbonic acid structure, is due to the use of the purest aromatic hops, paired with caramelized brewing malt. The Hirter 1270er treats beer lovers to a crisp, full-bodied burst of aroma. 11.9°

oliodnb (662) - ITALY - APR 4, 2014
Light copper color with one finger of beige head. Aroma and taste are almost the same, with sweet malts, honey and some caramel. Very light beer.

hotstuff (5233) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 22, 2014
Rated on 9-24-2010 (Bottle) When poured, the beer has a small beige head that mostly diminishes, transparent copper body, fizzy, fast rising carbonation, and spotty amounts of lacing. The aromas consist of roasted malt, caramel, nutty and dark fruits. The taste is nutty, dark fruits, roasted malt, caramel, and has a short dry finish. The palate is lively carbonation and this is a medium bodied beer. I did not care for the flavor of this beer as it is somewhat astringent and blah tasting. It is not a beer I recommend nor a beer I will drink again.

Mariusz (12091) - Baden-Baden, GERMANY - AUG 11, 2013
Amber colour with a beige head. Aroma is caramel, malt, alcohol. Flavour is sweet, caramel, malt.

Sissio (1726) - Orsenigo, ITALY - JUN 25, 2013
Won by my girlfriend at an orienteering race in Austria. Good for a refreshing and tasty drink.

Quack-Duck (9490) - Down South, GERMANY - APR 1, 2013
bottle from Merkur Wien-Hütteldorf. Clear amber colour, mid-sized off-white head. Malty with hints of caramel and some shy, but aromatic hops in the finish. Smooth palate.

rok1024 (1272) - Maribor, SLOVENIA - FEB 24, 2013
Decent aroma, appearance, taste and palate, overall memorable. Rated from the bottle.

simonblaine (576) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 21, 2013
Well, it’s better than ok. Pours light brown, getting a bit of a floral aroma, possibly because I just washed my hands with pretty floral smelling soap. This beer is just a bit different, taste is interesting, that’s all I have right now, not a bad thing though.......

WheatKing (1338) - Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA - JAN 20, 2013
Advent Calendar #17. Starting to bounce around now. In my mind this is not in the top 13% of Viennas, there was very little toasty flavour, like Duffman I did find it a bit metallic, but most importantly it was just weak. Mildly refreshing, but if I wanted that I’d go for a Dortmunder.

DuffMan (10610) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 19, 2012
Bottle, Dec. 17th Beer Adent Calendar. Clear medium amber colour with an average white head. The character of this beer is sweet grains that are equally lightly bready and lightly toasty. Metallic note in the finish. WTF? A lot of these euro lagers possess a distinct metallic aftertaste to me. I’ve been blaming the nobel hops, but I don’t know. Another "whatever" beer for me.

Reimer96 (1743) - Alberta, CANADA - DEC 17, 2012
Pours a reddish gold color with a beige top that leaves some sticky lacing. Aroma of bread, biscuit and light caramel. Taste is caramel and Vienna malts up front before a bit of a tangy and mildly spicy finish. Nice mouth feel to this beer, I think not would be a bit thin but the mouth feel makes every flavor jump out.