overall
Brewed by HiteJinro
Style: Pale Lager
Seoul, South Korea

RATINGS: 700   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
ABV may vary around 4.5% ABV.
The No. 1 selling KOREAN Beer Brewed & bottled in Korea at HITE Brewery co. ltd. Seoul. Brewed form Purest underground well water, Canadian Harrington barley, Parle Aroma and Yakima hops, yeast and no additives or preservative.

Croozzen (1) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JAN 7, 2017 does not count
This brew shocked my taste buds. I was expecting a more bitter after taste. But Yum yuM yum I’m in Love with this Lager.... CroozzenConnie B Down W Beer.. cb

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - JUN 7, 2009
Pours pale yellow w/ a good head. Smells of zesty lemon citrus. Light, clean, and crisp w/ a zesty lemon rind backbone. The finish is bittered superbly inticing one to sip on. No off flavors. Excellent session beer. Best one I’ve had in a while.

Pwn3d (1962) - Manhattan, New York, USA - MAY 15, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2008 I would have to agree with JRedmond... This beer is extremely underrated. It possesses a crisp, clean, refreshing favor that no domestic can quite match.

Drinking_77 (118) - Basel, SWITZERLAND - JUN 19, 2014
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2014 Review: Bottle of Hite Pale Lager 4.5%ABV Hite lager is a nice, pleasant tasting beer from South Korea, that’s so good with Korean food. Pours a golden yellow clear colour with a small light head and some lacing. A nice sweet aroma of light malt and grains were found making the smell one of the highlights of this Korean brew. On closer inspection the smell is quite unusual, a strong tinge of a shot, possibly the rice. it is an extremely easy tasting drink: sweet, clear and crisp. Its smoothness making it go down very well. There was a lingering grain sweetness throughout in the beer that stays nice till the end, no bitterness found in this beer. It tasted of a little rice and pale malt, some grains and a light hop flavour. Very refreshing and clean throughout, I enjoyed this beer. This beer is pleasant. and perfect for the light beer drinker. Definitely a top class session beer, perfect for a night out with friends to a restaurant, say perhaps a Korean restaurant! Would work very well with some light food.

jagermeister (2) - TAIWAN - OCT 13, 2004 does not count
about what you’d expect - but that ain’t necessarily bad. often on special at hi-life convenience stores. refreshing in the taiwanese humidity. not much flavour but for some reason i finished the six-pack - hence the higher rating.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 21, 2013
A: Pours a dilute urinal yellow with under a single finger of loosely packed soapy head. This sticks to the sides as it slides down; restated: the head goes down. Little to no lacing this is not a cabaret show. I can see my fingerprint through this beer. To piss standards, this is excellent, to beer a 4. (4) S: Initially, when I cracked the bottle and took a whiff - Pepe, but this dies off while sitting. Now that the beer has been given the opportunity to decant a bit, let’s take another swing through the muffler. Light grains and noble hops. The beer has a small mineral quality combined with the markings of a walk through my local English garden- plenty of floral characteristics. Slightest hint of butterscotch. Thinking Belgian blonde. (4) T: Light and effervescent in the mouth. Lemon hints, grain, the most distanced light hop dance. Some hints of corn as well. No evident corn. The slightest coriander/yeast flavor to me. (3.5) M: Light with spritely carbonation. Very white wine finish - dry, but not so dry. (3.5) O: Still thinking Belgian blonde. I wish it were 85F and sunny out rather than the middle of the night. This beer is easy to drink and good bordering on great. Would drink again in a heartbeat. (3.5) Guess: again, Belgian blonde, Achel....for the win!! Reveal: Hite cool & Fresh The reaction: well, I now I don’t want to post this. It’s made in Korea. Has a BA rating of D+ It has an ‘indicator’ for when it’s cold enough...I’m at a loss for words...Fuck it, I’m drinking this with pride. I have two friends that live in Korea to teach English, and I’m cheersing to them. To the crowd, you’re welcome to tell me I’m obviously a noob at tasting. Serving type: bottle 05-29-2011

Domlol (1) - Newton District, SINGAPORE - APR 14, 2017 does not count
Nice sweet taste, a bit like San Benedetto Sparkling water with no Bitterness. Its aroma is not very strong, it has a very subtle taste, I would consider this as a great starter beer for someone who personally would like to get into beer tasting but does’nt want to drink the more full bodied brews yet due to bitterness. Nicely gassy and fun to drink even at room temperature. A new weekday staple for me, well done!

jgb9348 (6250) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Super clear coloured body with a nice dense white frothy head. Aroma of pale malt, fresh hops, cardboard, lemons, limes, wheat and even some alcohol - very fresh and clean. Light to Medium-bodied; Fresh malt flavour with a good hop balance and some alcohol to keep things interesting. Aftertaste shows some lemon and lime tart and sweetness with a good malt backbone...still! I sampled this 330 mL can for the FINAL time (from this batch) purchased from just about any grocery store from Busan to Seoul, South Korea on 27-May-2007 on the Eastern Shore of Virginia....still with Korean on the side & back of the can!

robbienate (113) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 12, 2014
Very pale yellow. Instead of a body there’s a vacuum. Probably made from diluted water.

sanmiguel (118) - Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2006
Bought this at a Korean supermarket. Watery, has a little carbonation. Unoffensive scent. For some reason, I like watery pale lagers from Asia. Honestly, I don’t know...but it does go well with food (man, I keep on saying this! Whenever I drink, I always make it a rule to have something to eat).