overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3975   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

elshunko (8) - USA - NOV 26, 2006 does not count
Fantasitc beer! And as I let it sit in my fridge for a few months, it seemed to have improved quite a bit. Sour and bitter, it leaves you with a lingering after taste, that left me wishing I had more. Try this beer. It’s worth it if you like the style.

kevd193213 (992) - Hope Valley, Rhode Island, USA - NOV 24, 2006
This will probably get me kicked off the site, but I really don’t think this is anything special. Terrible aftertaste, almost soapy. Nice light color and decent aroma. Still, I enjoy the taste of beer and this one definatly doesn’t agree with me.

DrinkMoreBeer (21) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 23, 2006
Bottle. Somewhat tart, vinegar tone with noticeable fermented/yeast notes. Not my favorite style of beer but this one drinks easier than most Belgian whites I’ve tried.

raymondwave (931) - FINLAND - NOV 23, 2006
I’m not a big fan of weissbier nor flavoured beers, so why even 2.1? It tastes surprisingly good. Still I wouldn’t drink this unless there was nothing else available.

boFNjackson (4230) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 21, 2006
After all of the micro Witbiers I consume, nothing compares to this. I’ve always been into it’s German counterpart, Wiezens, but after trying this for the first time last fall I’ve always been ordering new Witbiers over Hefe-Wiezens off of the menu. I’ve had this both bottle and tap... pale, hazy, golden color with a thick, frothy white head. Aroma of citrus and other spices, almost foral. Taste is a complicated blend of sweet spices with grainy wheat tastes and other seasoned flavors.

SynergyXJ (510) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2006
Bottle. Whiteish, very light yellow pour with thin head that lasted a long time. Pretty cloudy. Light sweet lemony aroma. Very smooth. I’m not much into wheat, but this is good.

Stine (1799) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - NOV 20, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 8, 2007 Pours to that watery piss color that is so famous and that i’ve never cared for. Aromas of bland citrus and piles of clove. Flavors of lemon pound cake and candy sugar with a dry, papery finish. Served too cold it feels and tastes much like lemon-lime soda. Lacks nuance.

almopina (87) - Madrid, SPAIN - NOV 19, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 3, 2007 Hazy light beige (almost white) colour with a thin white head with good lacing. Without the head, it would really look very similar to a lemonade. Great aroma full of yeasts and fruits (specially orange and lemon). Great spicy flavour of sweet malts and fruits (again, specially lemon and orange). Not so especial palate. Aftertaste, however, is a very pleasant: good mix of spice, yeasts, orange and malt. Do not drink this beer very cold or you’ll miss basically everything!!! Refreshing and easy to drink. Very good beer.

pojo41 (315) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - NOV 18, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 13, 2007 I had to reevaluate this beer after giving it another try at my brother’s insistence. For whatever reason I enjoyed it more the second time around. Nice white head with spicy aroma and taste. A hint of citrus. Well worth a try.

jonno (2911) - JAPAN - NOV 17, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 9, 2007 Had this one from the large 800 ml plus glass. Goes down extremely smooth... a great session beer with a light presence but moreish taste