overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3984   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

River (25) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - SEP 15, 2006
This one pours cloudy with a muted yellow body and a thin white head. It has a hoppy, fruity aroma with a suggestion of strawberries. The flavor is mellow with a slightly spicy finish.

Jeff0Hull (10) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - SEP 14, 2006
The first time I had this beer was in Boone, NC on tap and it was fabulous. I still can’t get enough of it because it has a great taste and goes down smooth. Don’t drink it at room temp. chill it slightly.

tommy8768 (120) - Litlle Compton, Rhode Island, USA - SEP 9, 2006
very light cloudy yellow with a fluffy head. Yeasty, lemony aroma. Tastes of citrus fruits, yeast, slight clove as well. Not partial to Belgian whites but this one is really good.

pubbe (493) - Højbjerg, DENMARK - SEP 7, 2006
Cloudy light yellow - like limejuice with a little milk. White mostly lasting head. Aroma offers wheat, lime and a little hint of grass. In the taste these are suplemented by a little koriander. High carbonation, less taste. Watery finish.

Nicko (223) - Ashfield, AUSTRALIA - SEP 7, 2006
Made me think of cloudy lemon cordial while pouring, citrus aromas as well. Definately a special beer, smooth palate and great balance of honey sweetness and floral bitterness

pfhyde (61) - Davis, California, USA - SEP 6, 2006
At first tasting, I thought this beer quite exceptional. But after multiple re-trials, I found it flagging in longevity. Diminishing returns came too quickly. It’s a one-shot experience--one beer at a time, and you’re fine--but lacks successive reward. I prefer Chimay’s Cinq Cents or even Duvel within the white spectrum.

LLee (21) - Brandon, Mississippi, USA - SEP 6, 2006
On Tap: The first time I tried this beer was from a bottle, tasty, but not overly impressed. Went out to a local eatery, they had your usual American horse piss (Bud, Miller, Coors), I noticed that they had Hoegaarden White on tap, I have a knew found respect for this beer. Clean, crisp, smooth and refreashing. All around good beer.

SDalkoholic (2444) - Linda Vista, California, USA - SEP 4, 2006
A colorful yellowish white with a lot of foam and specs of brown flakes seen in the beer. Huge aroma of yeast and banana that made me sigh with relief i had finally found out what all of the hype was all about. Very refreshing and easy going flavor that had me gulping away at this stuff. Perfect in every respect.

MarkBarnes (419) - Waterville, New York, USA - SEP 4, 2006
Sept. 4, 2006; 12 oz. bottle. Hazy, whitish/yellow pour with respectable head. Light & citrusy in flavor, lacking the malty balance you’d expect from other styles. The Belgian styles (light or dark) aren’t my cup(s) of tea, but I’d imagine this as a pleasant summertime beer that even a macro devotee might enjoy.

OleR (4801) - Oslo, NORWAY - SEP 4, 2006
Bottle. Pours hazy pale yellow with a nice frothy white head. Nose is orange, lemon, coriander and pepper. Taste is light and refreshing with citrus and spice. This is my reference wit beer. I have loved it ever since I took my first sip of it about 15 years ago from the first batch imported to Norway. Smooth and delicious and amazingly easy to drink. A real summer treat.