overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3985   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

thebeertourist (5188) - Oslo, NORWAY - AUG 4, 2006
Bottle. Cloudy yellow, one of the palest beers around, and the head is big and very white. Aroma is mostly coriander in my opinion with a hint of bananas. Flavours start sweet, but are matched by harmonious spiciness. Mild citrus. Light-bodied, slightly grainy mouthfeel. This classic is still a great companion on a hot summer’s day.

fonefan (52351) - VestJylland, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2006
Bottle. Pours a very pale yellow color with a white head. Aroma is citrus, spices, koriander and wheat. Flavor is spicy and sweet. A very nice mixture between the two. Tasting bananas, lemon, wheat, and spicy notes.

CanadaCam (109) - CANADA - AUG 2, 2006
On tap. My friends love to guzzle this stuff at our local pub, but I just can’t get into it. Hoegaarden to me is a thin wheat beer that has a fruity (but not in a pleasant kind of way) aroma to it. The taste is a bit too sharpe for me. But not being a fan of wheat beer, I probably am a little biased.

blankboy (7884) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 2, 2006
Draught at Milestone’s. Can’t believe I’ve never rated this till now!? Anyways, it pours a cloudy yellow with a small lasting frothy white head. Aroma’s surprisingly decent: wheat, yeast, fruit and spices (and thankfully, not too much banana). Somewhat watery flavour follows the aroma with a mildly bitter and tart finish. I found the aftertaste only so-so. Light bodied. It’s friggin’ hot out so this was better then usual, otherwise it’s a mediocre Wheat beer at best.

Ibrew2or3 (8913) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 1, 2006
On tap at Tampa Bay Brewing Co. Hazy yellow color with white head. Spicy-yeasty-wheat aroma. The taste was fruity then dry wheat then a bit of tart-sourness. Really refreshing brew for a hot summer day.

asteele8 (322) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JUL 30, 2006
Bottle. Pours a very pale yellow color with a white head. Aroma is citrus, spices, and wheat. Flavor is spicy and sweet. A very nice mixture between the two. Tasting bananas, lemon, wheat, and spicy notes. This is a very enjoyable beer, glad that I have more of this to enjoy!

biz82 (1327) - austin, Texas, USA - JUL 29, 2006
Perfect opaque dull yellow with a moderate white head. Spicy, yeasty citrus aroma with an earthy undertone. Very light bodied to the point of being watery. Soft and sweet. Somewhat too sweet, in a cloying saccarine way. The citrus and spice character seems not as fresh as previous samples. All in all, this is not the beer I remember.

HDane (82) - Chesapeake, Virginia, USA - JUL 29, 2006
Pours a standard belgian white cloudy yellow with a thick white head. Aroma is spice, and maybe some citrus. Spice is definately the forerunner here. Flavor is nice and light, with bananas, bubblegum, with some trace of lemon. Very light and smooth beer - excellent for summer.

DarkMagus (560) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 28, 2006
Nice hazy bright yellow color... decent foamy head. Nice wheaty, yeasty flavors with a good amount of sweet citrus/lemon elements. I’ve had many of these in my time, they’re pretty good.. an old stand-by. I can’t say it’s exceptional, but it is a solid brew indeed.

doubleipa (224) - Georgia, USA - JUL 27, 2006
This is rapidly becoming my favorite Belgian Witbier. Aroma is really great. Lots of citrus, lemon, pepper, and banana, and orange. Cloudy golden apearance with a thin head. Taste is light, dry, crisp, and thirst quenching and with not as much malt or breadeness. This is exactly what I like about Witbiers vs hefeweizens.