overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3985   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

NosirIwont (2645) - Husum, DENMARK - JUL 13, 2006
Bottle. Pours light hazy yellow with a white head. Sweet, citrusy, yeasty aroma. Flavour is pretty much the same. Notes of coriander in the finish. Smooth palate. 11-07-06.

UnsofistaCat (241) - Garden City, Michigan, USA - JUL 10, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2006 I always thought I had already rated this. I used to think this beer was absolutely delicious. Either my taste buds have changed, or the beer has. Somewhat cloudy and yellow. Looks like a good witbier. Little spicy, as it also should be. Except, I find it to be very thin and watery from what I remember. Astringent and very bland on the back end. Used to think this beer was a classic. Now it’s a somewhat sour bore.

ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 9, 2006
The original, had to try it finally after having a few beers that try to be Hoegaarden. Turns out ones like Allagash white do a pretty good job of emulating this beer. Pours the normal suspecting white style with a big foamy head. I taste the coriander notes, but it’s not overwhelming which is good. I also tasted that citrus tang that is to be expected. Everyone’s had this, it’s good, but not great. Glad I’ve had it a little later in my beer tasting adventure since it would have struck me as a little more fascinating at my earlier beer drinking stages.

tenghave (404) - Taastrup, DENMARK - JUL 6, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2007 Kedelig tynd øl. Minder om en weisbeer balndet op med vand.. Er tisgul i farven.

Sputerbug (118) - Nacogdoches, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2006
Very enjoyable summertime beer with a light lemony flavor.Pours a nice yellowish cloudy brew with a good head.I find it a refreshing brew .

mbeem (104) - New Hope, Alabama, USA - JUL 5, 2006
Mmmmm.. 4th of July, plenty of BBQ and burgers and a nice cloudy Hoegaarden to wash it all down!! Good beer! Pours a cloudy gold in the tumbler with a two-finger thick white, foamy head. Subtle hops and notes of citrus fruits (orange and lemon). Herbal flavor with notes of coriander and malty sweetness. A great Witbier!

bigcat03 (340) - Columbus, Nebraska, USA - JUL 3, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 6, 2006 Bottle from Hy-Vee Liquors poured into 16oz tumbler - Pours hazy brown gold with a 1/2 finger white head that goes quickly; Orange, malt, wheat and a slight hop smell to the nose; Fairly full, refreshing initial taste with orange, malt, and plenty of wheat; A sweet backtaste with a hint of the coriander; A very well balanced beer that has enough sweet to be nice, but enough zing to be interesting! I enjoyed this quite a bit and will definitely be drinking it again!

beerbomb (239) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 3, 2006
Pouring like the bottle instructs yields a very nice, but short lived foamy head-appears pale yellow and cloudy. aroma is fruity yeasty and wheaty with mild citrus and bread. flavor is light and very carbonated yet has a superb wheaty, fruity punctuation with a slightly tangy sweet finish-nice tangy, yeasty flavor lingers. overall, this is solid and is definitley a summer staple. beyond refreshing and ultra-drinkable. if 30pks of this were 16.99, id be homeless.

gregdl (6) - christiansburg, Virginia, USA - JUL 1, 2006 does not count
Best white beer I’ve had. Strong coriander taste,smell is very crisp and clean. This beer compliments almost any food. Color is very pale and cloudy,with a nice foam top. The coriander leaves somewhat of an after taste.

Gethinbeer (2452) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUN 29, 2006
From bottle. Strong malt aroma, maybe honey also. Cloudy appearance with foamy white head that soon disappears. Good carbonation, looks like lemon squash. The beer has a sweet citrus flavour followed by a weird flavour of what I think is smokey bacon. Overall not as good as I remembered, I would like to try this beer on tap in Belgium if they drink it in Belgium because I wouldn’t.