overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4154   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
IrishRed1983 (33) - USA - JAN 7, 2006
Cloudy yellow in color with a frothy white head. Weak wheaty witbier flavor, rather bland, dry to palate. Disappointing. bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mabjork (692) - Vasa, FINLAND - JAN 7, 2006
Draught. Hazy light yellow with a minior white head. The aroma is fruity with citrus and yeast. The flavour is fresh and fruity with hints of citrus. You can feel the yeast and wheat. Oh well, if you want to test it with a slice of lemon that works out quite nice as well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
giocatore4 (1) - Ohio, USA - JAN 5, 2006 does not count
By far my favorite tasting beer of my favorite type. Hoegaarden is about as pure of a witbier as can be found. Allagash is somewhat of a hybrid, and Ommegang is not as pure as this beauty. Make sure you drink it out of a glass with a gentle pour, as it will fizz quickly. Sit back and enjoy, garnish with a lemon or an orange if the mood strikes you. A delicious treat that can be enjoyed in quantity as well.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (2019) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2006
I know Im not alone in Hoegaarden being the first Belgian import that they sampled. The beers citrus flavor, fluffy head and lemonade body sets the standards for other Belgian Whites.The only change I recognize today in Hoegaarden is the packaging. I hope nobody just drinks this Witbier straight out of the longneck bottle with the fancy label. InBev even added a back label to include directions on how to drink it from a glass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
stouty1 (9) - Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA - JAN 4, 2006 does not count
Poured into my favorite snifter a pee yellow. Foamed quite like a Witbier, but dissapated quickly. Foam held to slight egde clinging to edge of the glass and thats about all. I am knew to reviewing beer and have not yet been able to pick up on many of the distinct flavors but the back of my tongue definitely tastes banana.The smell is appealing to a newbie like myself. I have to say that tonight I will have only one of these as it is a good beer but the desire for another tonight, is just not there...maybe tomorrow???

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Quinten (1062) - zaandam, NETHERLANDS - JAN 4, 2006
no ingrediens on the bottle,mmmm do it says "with spice ingredients) lots of fruit citrus, orange, fresh witbier. One of the best

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bfeldmann (1050) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - JAN 4, 2006
"have had this beer in a bottle before, but on tap is soooo much better. Has a hazy yellow color with with an average head. Has a nice sweet light taste to it."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sammy3D (141) - Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA - JAN 3, 2006
Truly a "white" beer in appearance. Pours with a nice head and plenty of fizz. A bit of lacing on the glass. I always am reminded of banana peel when I open this beer and get the first whiff. A very slight peppery spice on the toungue with a citrus body and a balanced lasting sweet finish. Light bodied and crisp in the mouth. Great refresher.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
onystrom (1333) - Magellan Hunter! - Skanderborg, DENMARK - JAN 3, 2006
White-yellow color which I consider rather ugly. Great lasting head. Acidic/sour - watery - slightly lemon - taste. Didnt like it much

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Kinger (21) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 31, 2005
I know that obviously here this beer is considered to be quite good, I guess I just dont like the style, or maybe its the spicy coriander and orange peel, very strong flavour. Had it in the Hoegarrden glass out of a bottle. I hope the next spicy beer I have pans out better.