overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4222   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

Storm (2684) - Amager, DENMARK - NOV 22, 2005
33 cl bottle. Pale yellow colour with a nice off white head. Aroma of bread, wheat and coriander. Also coriander in flavour, very light with a nice taste. A nice witbier.

soothsayer (1) - USA - NOV 20, 2005 does not count
Having never smelled or tasted coriander before, I would have to say I like the taste better than the smell. Poured from a bottle with a pretty decent head that faded but lasted for the majority of the time it was in my glass. Very refreshing and pleasing to look at, coupled with good sensations on the tongue and an aftertaste that begs you to drink more.

MikeyLikesIt (10) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 20, 2005
Excellent beer. One of my favorties. Have tried it both out of the bottle and tap. Nice color and head. Very refreshing. I only wish it was more readily available. I usually have to go to specialty stores to buy it.

destroye7 (312) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 17, 2005
330 ml bottle. My favorite white beer. I buy once in a while. Nice citrus touch, always a really good head. The coriander is in the after taste. Excellent beer in the hot summer nights !

Mockba (78) - DENMARK - NOV 13, 2005
Very good and nice and tastefull weissbier. Bottle and label is perfect designed.

joergen (28148) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 11, 2005
Bottled. Hazy pale yellow coloured with a huge white head. Aroma of citrus with spicy notes. Spicy flavour with notes of citrus and malts.

newtrip (54) - USA - NOV 10, 2005
Poured with medium sized, very creamy white head. Head was mostly diminishing and exhibited some nice lacing. Color is light hazy yellow, almost looks like lemonade. Nose is of wheat, coriander, and citrus. Initial flavor is lightly sweet and citrusy, with finish being lightly dry and leaving a nice coriander/clove type of spicy taste that hangs around for quite some time. This is an excellent beer. I love it.

anders37 (26641) - Malmö, SWEDEN - NOV 10, 2005
Bottle. Hazy very pale yellow colour. Thick long lasting head. Aroma of wheat coriander and orange. Has a dry smooth taste of coriander and citrus. In the end you get a little sour taste. Very smooth and a good witbier.

BrewDad (5328) - Olympia, Washington, USA - NOV 10, 2005
(BJCP Class) Very light pale gold color beer with a nice frothy head. Strong wheat malt aroma, this was a little light struck due to age of the beer. Which is odd for a Belgian beer. Has a nice spicy tone to the beer when tasted. A good sourness at to style and very dry at the end with a tart bite. Good beer for strong heavy pasta. Interesting flavor I would give to others for a taster.

eve (240) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - NOV 8, 2005
I thought I liked Blue Moon until I tried this. I love a beer for mid-summer that looks like it is filled with snow. Crisp, tart-wheat, smooth and drinkable, quenching but sophisticated.