overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3922   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - JAN 17, 2005
On tap @Papago. Finally back in Arizona. Pours a nice cloudy light yellowish, almost grainy, color. Light sweet orange citrus aroma. Mellow in the flavor but nicely balanced, very thirst quenching. Has some wheat notes but not overbearing. It’s one of those beers that dont wow you but you cant put it down.

osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - JAN 17, 2005
I’m happy with this beer. I don’t normally like fruity flavors but the whole package just sits well with me. Nothing stands out on it’’s own here. Everything is balanced and combind to produce a very good beer. I like this a bit on the cold side. I have nothing negative to say about this beer. It’s not my first choice but it certainly will quench your thirst.

MillStreetMan (152) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 16, 2005
I never have Hoegaarden by the bottle, but it’s one of the Belgian trio on tap at my local, so I have it several times a week. This could dull the novelty of it, and perhaps it does, but I still enjoy it immensely. It has a wonderfully cloudy appearance, that is complimented by the citrusy, herbal flavour that is so incredibly quenching and refreshing. For a major, mass-produced beer, this is outstanding.

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JAN 15, 2005
Finally, I get around to trying the classic. Pours a cloudy gold with a medium sized white head. The aroma is the expected lemon peels and corriander. The taste is a nice lemon and orange. The finish is fairly bready. Slightly sour and this adds to the interesting character. A great wit, but not the best.

BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JAN 15, 2005
Okay for its style. If you let it linger in the mouth for a minute it shows some successful orange and lemony citrus blended in. Also, the aftertaste is largely citrus and not very "wheaty". In general I don’t like wheat beers but this is ok.

fraans (31) - ostend, BELGIUM - JAN 11, 2005
What t say, it destroys the competition. This is definetly the best in its class! The first , the best , the only choice!!!

poivre (14) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Well I found this in January in one of my favorite bars, and I thought, why are you serving this now? It’s bound to be a llittle subdued. I belive all wits should be drunk at their peak, before the spices and citrus have time to decompose. It’s the most available, but not the best.

turbothy (1141) - Bonn, GERMANY - JAN 9, 2005
UPDATED: APR 14, 2006 The ubiquitous witbier. Standard fare, not spectacular but extremely drinkable - a good summer beer.

kepano (278) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 8, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2005 Tasted in France - bottled. Pours a very opaque and pale yellow with a thin white head. Aroma of grapefruit, pinneaple, apricots, chalk and dust. Smooth yet crisp and refreshing. The flavour is quite mild but it leaves a very distinct citrus aftertaste. Very enjoyable level of carbonation and nice lacing. Delightful to drink.

paco (576) - Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA - JAN 6, 2005
Bottle: soft aroma, not much to it. somewhat fruity. very unique looking. hazy yellow/white colour. very thin head that doesnt last. tastes like very mild orange. malty aftertaste. slightly carbonated, just right.