overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3951   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

JadoreBlanche (114) - London, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 21, 2004
On tap at The Wlatzing Weasel London Ontario: Pale straw coloured body with medium sized white foamy head. Yeasty, citrusy Aromas. Tastes of yeast and spice (possibly nutmeg). Spice lingers in mouth, very smooth beer. Very Tasty!

eleusis (70) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2004
I like this beer for the value. A crisp, refreshing flavor, good for lunch. It reminds me of soda, only better.

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 18, 2004
Really wasn’t overly impressed for all the hype. Poured a cloudy off-white/yellow, almost green in color. Aroma of citrus and orange. Went down very smooth, but taste was overly citrus for my liking. Still, not a bad beer, just not to my tastes.

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 17, 2004
I’ve been enjoying witbiers since I’ve been aware of their existence, and yet this is my first time sampling "the original".Color: a cloudy, almost opaque pale yellow/bright white. Head: thick, lacey, white, fluffy as a cloud, slowly tumbling down. Aroma: uplifting, light and lovely! Full of citrus, spice, lemon/orange...wide open, spacious, airy, friendly and hospitable. All that in an aroma? Yes, Indeed! A great big barrage of hops charges the palate at first, along with the gritty, grainy wheat texture. After that attack, very smooth and mellow. Light in body,and feeling, but rich in flavor, character, and soul. An utter delight every time it touches the tongue! An overall honey flavor dominates the remainder of the drink, and the delicious hops, the texture, the spice, continue to dance on the palate and provide for a richly rewarding refreshment. When other folks talk of "nothing beating a Bud Light/Corona/generic yellowy water" on a hot summer’s day, they would be wiser to wrap their lips around a glass of Hoegaarden. Wiser, happier, more improved in all aspects as a human being! What a beautiful beer!

SwedeDog (364) - Windsor, Connecticut, USA - OCT 17, 2004
Decent head for a witbier. Not much of an aroma, but there’s hints of spice and citrus. Spicy, fruity, citrusy. Very refreshing. It’s the perfect summer beer. This is the standard by which all Belgian Whites should be measured

dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 16, 2004
Not much head, unclear pale yellow colour, but it is full of spices and fruits. Fizzy, really reminds of Champagne. It’s taste is very complex and evokes lots of interesting ingredients. This is really the Queen of white beers !

Sonia (8) - CZECH REPUBLIC - OCT 14, 2004 does not count
Excellent white bier: refreshing, fruity, spicy, slightly acidic, very good.

jcanj (23) - Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2004
I first had this beer on tap and really enjoyed it. I then found it in bottles and it is now one of the beers I like to drink. I use to enjoy Blue Moon but since I have had this I don’t know if I can go back. A light refreshing enjoyable beer.

GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 8, 2004
(tap) tastey! beautifully light and delicate in color... even from the sampling i had i knew i’d be ordering this one again. apple, pear and citrus notes

wpp83 (64) - Athens, Georgia, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Oh the classic belgian white beer. Normal hazy oragne color, white soapy head, and of course the citrusy aroma and flavors. I am of course not a huge fan of the belgian white, or at least I have not yet found one that I like.