overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3975   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

VA Homebrewer (524) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - MAR 27, 2001
The only Witbeir I've ever tried, so I can't compare it to anything. I find it refreshing and very complex - more complex than it's Hefe cousins from Germany. I'm assuming that is a product of the coriander and curacoa used as spices.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 19, 2001
(Draft version rated) Beautiful aroma. How do they do it? It's like swallowing a yeast colony with every gulp (damn tasty yeast I might add). Fungus-Rights Advocates would be pissed. This is a fine brew; fresh, clean and tasty.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 14, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2003 Very pale hazy yellow color with a foamy white head. Nose is very perfumey with notes of orange/citrus with some spice and a hint of yeast. Fruity and tasty, more citrus notes. Finishes with a thick sweet maltiness. Although it is good, there are better Wit"s out there. This is for the bottled version even though I"ve had both. I think it"s gay to have two ratings for the same beer.

rosebud (47) - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 20, 2001
This is definitely my fall back beer when I want something light to finish off the evening, but, unfortunately it rates 2nd to Allagash White. Allagash is just an amazingly beautiful beer.

Strange Brew (157) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 5, 2001
I love Belgian beers and this is one of the best! Appealing fruity aroma combined with its cloudy, yellow appearance makes it very appetizing, especially in its special glass. Excellent!

Indra (2710) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - JAN 1, 2001
UPDATED: OCT 30, 2004 The original white beer apparently; what a great style. Quintessential wit, pale, spicy, lightly sweet, yeasty, cloudy, citric, refreshing and effervescent. Perhaps not as unique as it once was due to the glut of witbiers on the market over the past deade or so, but better than most to be sure.

P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - NOV 18, 2000
I could look at this beer all night. A great beer. I tend to like American interpretations of Belgian Whites because they have a bit mor taste. But this is the exception to the rule

kublai3 (176) - Staten Island, New York, USA - NOV 14, 2000
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2010 very nice aroma...corriander and orange. I found it light crisp and refreshing. very good mixed with orange juice mamosa style.

DJH-Bird99 (208) - Nijkerk, NETHERLANDS - NOV 3, 2000
..................................................

PhillyBeer2112 (2895) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2000
UPDATED: APR 24, 2007 A great beer. Its appearance is second to none. Great dry flavor with hints at clove and coriander. Updated comments: Wonderful touch of banana. Minty and wheaty. Very soft fruitiness and palate.