overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4221   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

SwillNoMore (105) - USA - JUL 11, 2007
Bottle, from Duvel tulip, at room temp. Best before end of 05/05/08. Cloudy pale yellow body (almost white, go figure), fading bubbly white head, zero lacing. Aroma is very yeasty and lemony. Light body; thin texture. Carbonation is a bit sharp, but not unnaturally so. Sweet flavor; tangy finish. It reminds me of something -- both in appearance and aroma -- that I’m too embarrassed to write. (I’m not qualified to compare the flavor, but I know many women who are. OK no more hints.) I’d say it was overrated, but I am admittedly biased against the style.

WillemG (105) - NETHERLANDS - NOV 11, 2010
10-nov-2010 30cl bottle in restaurant. Hazy light color with a big white head. Very refreshing, thought quite sweet, taste. Good beer.

Blockley (104) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAY 15, 2009
Bottle @ Home

I was quite surprised to find this in the bottle shop I was at, actually; probably the only decent imported beer in there. It pours a very cloudy, pale white/yellow body with a fluffy white head; the head doesn’t last too long though. Leaves very little lacing on the glass. Has a fruity, wheaty aroma and a smooth flavour, similar to the aroma, and a fairly light body without much carbonation. An enjoyable beer.

mcbeyond (104) - Newport Beach, California, USA - DEC 29, 2009
Great, refreshing beer. Nose and flavors mostly on sweet citrus with a good amount of bite. Reminds me of my stay in Holland, where this beer is quite popular. Great summer quaffer.

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 16, 2001
An excellent brew. I totally enjoyed drinking this and relaxing.

Wheatsheaf (104) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 19, 2004
330ml bottle. A hazy, pale yellow witbier that pours with a foamy, lasting head. White bread aroma with a lemony accent. Light body with a creamy/watery mouthfeel and soft carbonation. Bready, wheaty, and pasta-like flavour has some citrus notes. Dry, lightly bitter finish. Coriander and orange peel tastes aren’t particularly noticeable. Still a relatively pleasant summer drink, but seems to have lost much of its character over the last few years. This is the unoffensive, mainstream version of a beer that was once much better.

Fiend (104) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 1, 2005
With a thin white head, cloudy appearance, and beautiful aroma this beer is one of my favorites. The corriander and orange peel provides the perfect balance of flavor to the beer. Extra points for the oversized glass that makes you feel like a king while drinking it!

mbeem (104) - New Hope, Alabama, USA - JUL 5, 2006
Mmmmm.. 4th of July, plenty of BBQ and burgers and a nice cloudy Hoegaarden to wash it all down!! Good beer! Pours a cloudy gold in the tumbler with a two-finger thick white, foamy head. Subtle hops and notes of citrus fruits (orange and lemon). Herbal flavor with notes of coriander and malty sweetness. A great Witbier!

itsmax (103) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - APR 28, 2004
Beautiful beer! Currently my favourite. Wonderful full white head with pleasant aftertaste. Could drink this non stop!

wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - NOV 13, 2001
This Belgian White tastes a little bit like a wine cooler to me. You can definitely smell and taste the wonderful orange flavor this beer has to offer, but I’d rather stick to my German Wheats.