overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4222   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

LadyCooper (100) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - DEC 29, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2006 On Tap. Wow, when I ordered it, I did not expect to get a glass the size of my head! Big foamy head, semi-opaque (looked like organic apple juice), and serious hoppy flavour. A good patio beer.

wacohoover (100) - Garland, Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2008
For me, a very good beer. I love the aroma, and the flavor reminds me of the way honeysuckle smells. Every time I smell a honeysuckle bloom, I am reminded of this beer. Perhaps my judgement is swayed by an amazing night in Brugge, Belgium, hanging out with a mix of Austailians, Irish, Belgian, and Korean folks until the wee hours of the morning, but every time I drink this I fall in love again. There are no bitter flavors, the clove is super mild, and with the right head, served in the correct glass from the right keg, it is very hard to beat.

digitalviking (99) - - APR 14, 2016
Very refreshing & drinkable, very nicely balanced, a good dependable beer from the InBev.

GvanGool (99) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 20, 2016
Since college this is one of my favorite "every day" white beers. In summer drink it from a well frozen glass and a slice of lemon. That will give a refreshing boost. The beer has a nice head. The taste is soft like most white beers. However Hoegaarden gave it a fresh twist. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mhot55 (99) - USA - SEP 9, 2007
solid white beer. everything is present- citrus and coriander, good carbonation, refreshing. i like it, but i’ve had better. still, it is amongst the better whites.

TheBeerMaster (99) - Little Falls, New Jersey, USA - NOV 27, 2007
I thought I had already rated this one. Definitely reminiscent of most Belgian/North German brews I’ve had. Refreshing and pleasing, though admittedly simple. Worthwhile and non-filling.

confusedboy0 (99) - BELGIUM - JAN 14, 2002
A good one, light comparing to a lot of others. Special taste, anyway give it a try

tallmatt67 (99) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 21, 2003
(bottle conditioned)Flowery, slightly spicy aroma with clove and orange zest. Light yellow, moderately hazy if poured properly. Malt and wheat shine through a thinnish body and a sourish, but dry, finish. Lingering spice. Awesome!

darkko (99) - Kingsport, Tennessee, USA - AUG 22, 2005
Had on tap in Belgium. I love this beer! Smooth flavor and nice finish. Hop bitterness is about right for a white. Very refreshing. If it were available at my local market I would definitely get some.

gferd (99) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 2, 2005
For a weisse beer, it’s acceptable. It is nothing to write home about, but if there is nothing better, this will fit the bill.