overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3986   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

FtWorthBrew (105) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - NOV 26, 2004
Frothy and bubbly blonde in the glass. Not alot of character here. Very standard tasting beer. I still haven’t found a white I really like.

jrohn92 (105) - USA - MAY 22, 2006
Hoegaarden has a nice cloudy body and an extrememly large frothy head of foam. I enjoied the unike spicy aroma and the crisp finish. Great foam, great taste, great aroma.

SwillNoMore (105) - USA - JUL 11, 2007
Bottle, from Duvel tulip, at room temp. Best before end of 05/05/08. Cloudy pale yellow body (almost white, go figure), fading bubbly white head, zero lacing. Aroma is very yeasty and lemony. Light body; thin texture. Carbonation is a bit sharp, but not unnaturally so. Sweet flavor; tangy finish. It reminds me of something -- both in appearance and aroma -- that I’m too embarrassed to write. (I’m not qualified to compare the flavor, but I know many women who are. OK no more hints.) I’d say it was overrated, but I am admittedly biased against the style.

chilangoglobal (105) - Mexico City, MEXICO - JUN 12, 2008
Color, aroma and taste. all match. That’s what makes a beer be named White beer. Balance between grains and malts are definetely in good equilibrium.

thefrutigers (105) - , Arizona, USA - JUL 5, 2009
on Tap Lis Doon Varna Peoria, AZ: Smelled fruity, sour and spicy with minimal head. Served with orange slice (I removed). Taste was spicy (corriander) and citrusy. Nice medium mouth feel. Not as sweet as I expeced, but very good.

WillemG (105) - NETHERLANDS - NOV 11, 2010
10-nov-2010 30cl bottle in restaurant. Hazy light color with a big white head. Very refreshing, thought quite sweet, taste. Good beer.

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 16, 2001
An excellent brew. I totally enjoyed drinking this and relaxing............

Wheatsheaf (104) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 19, 2004
330ml bottle. A hazy, pale yellow witbier that pours with a foamy, lasting head. White bread aroma with a lemony accent. Light body with a creamy/watery mouthfeel and soft carbonation. Bready, wheaty, and pasta-like flavour has some citrus notes. Dry, lightly bitter finish. Coriander and orange peel tastes aren’t particularly noticeable. Still a relatively pleasant summer drink, but seems to have lost much of its character over the last few years. This is the unoffensive, mainstream version of a beer that was once much better.