overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (AB-InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4221   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

Dimitri99 (63) - USA - AUG 2, 2005
Half-pint on draft in London. Nice thick white head, beer is a light yellow/white color. Easy on the palate and refreshing.

pumpkinheart (63) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 21, 2008
Bottle into Tumbler. Pours a hazy golden glow with a frothy white head. Aroma is floral, but not like I’m used to. I didn’t pick up as much of the citrusy scent I expected. Flavor is lightly spiced, some subdued citrus and lots of acid and sour and weak malts. Very dry on the palate and still not as refreshing as I’d hoped. I leave this off wondering if I got a dud because I like witbier, but this underwhelmed me. I’ll have to try again soon and re-rate.

Caleb1035 (63) - , North Carolina, USA - AUG 23, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2008 12 oz poors to light yellow body with a nice head. Smells of oranges or other citrus. Taste is definitely better than expected.

edward_violet (63) - Michigan, USA - DEC 30, 2009
Beautiful pour: a kind of yellow with a very little amount green tint to it. A lot of white foam every time I’ve had it. Aroma of some citrus... in fact, a lot of citrus. Taste, sweet but not overbearingly so. A touch of bitterness counters the sweetness... the citrus fruit notes are of the fruit’s core: not much rind-like bitter flavoring here. The orange peel the label mentions makes itself known, however. The aftertaste is like that of bubblegum, minus the time you spent chewing it "after the flavor is gone." Very refreshing. At only about 5 percent alcohol, I can see myself probably picking it up during the summer.

Hurracasurf (63) - Montevideo, URUGUAY - NOV 2, 2011
Very nice beer, one of the best of this style, critics: a little green colour. Incredible aroma and taste, oily palate, very recomendable.

Xenomorph (62) - Sundgau, FRANCE - NOV 11, 2013
Bière désaltérante, très agréable directement sortie du frigo avec une rondelle de citron. Goût appréciable, entrée de bouche tout en douceur et très faible amertume.

drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
Classic witbier appearance with golden-white coloring and suspended yeast. Subtle aroma. Definitely not as complex as micro witbiers but highly drinkable and a favorite of mine.

maxpizzo (62) - ITALY - MAR 25, 2009
light yellow with white head.flavour of orange,citrus and coriander.at the end wheat notes.enjoyable and refreshing beer

calivania (62) - USA - SEP 4, 2005
I most crave fries when I drink this. Something sublimb about the way the salt and strach cut dry, soft tartness of this extrodinary beer. Beer will alway be a little magical, as long as this one is around. This beer is the remedy for all the bad examples of this difficult style -- and also their inspiration for still trying.

zethca (62) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 15, 2007
Bottle. Cloudy pale color. Citrus and wheat aroma. Hints of lemon/orange. Great, refreshing beer.