overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4152   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mauropd (37) - ITALY - NOV 3, 2002
Try the Grand Cru if you travel Belgium around april (if I well remember)

Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 28, 2002
Good Witbier! A cloudy yellow. A little yeasty and citrus-like. A touch of lemon meringue pie. Unibroues Blanche De Chambly is very similar. I like it a little more than Hoegaarden. It has more character. Check it out.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RichardGretton (4697) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2002
It has got in its aroma and flavour hints of orange and grapefruit. The beer is almost clear with a slight haze, and a good sized head. For my first wheat beer it was OK but I was expecting something more special than what I got.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
neilrichards (191) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2002
The most standard and available wheat beer, but by no means the best. Slightly lacking in flavour. Not bad though.

Jayb0 (1170) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Nice head and a crisp palate. Good summer beer and widely available. But many better alternatives exist if you can get them.

DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldnt get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I cant taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - DEC 19, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2008 Re-rate: Very cloudy, pale gold colour with a frothy white head. Lots of lemon and coriander aroma. Dry and refreshing palate, but somewhat empty. Flavour is a slight bitterness surrounded by a dull touch of citrus (mostly lemon) and spiciness (coriander, maybe clove).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Diqqiediq (17) - Meerkerk, NETHERLANDS - JAN 1, 2003
A nice summer-beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
brianprentiss (700) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 29, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 3, 2008 I really wanted to like this beer as I had heard so many people rave about it. However, I wont be so ignorant to say its crap, but it sure tastes like it. I suffered through two bottles poured into a glass. The head was awesome and the beer looked great, but I couldnt stomach the taste. I actually liked the Blue Moon Belgian White better. Re:rate - I must have gotten a bad batch a few years back, this beer is not that bad. In fact, its rather tasty and refreshing. I dont love Witbiers but this is one of the better ones.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gsteph (323) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2004
On tap at the Beer Sellar in Nashville. Great golden color with white head. Floral aroma. Citrus flavor with some clove. Not my favorite, but ok. Fairly palatable. Like most Belgians, deserves a second try.