overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4176   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
neilrichards (191) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2002
The most standard and available wheat beer, but by no means the best. Slightly lacking in flavour. Not bad though.

Jayb0 (1177) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Nice head and a crisp palate. Good summer beer and widely available. But many better alternatives exist if you can get them.

DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldnt get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I cant taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - DEC 19, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2008 Re-rate: Very cloudy, pale gold colour with a frothy white head. Lots of lemon and coriander aroma. Dry and refreshing palate, but somewhat empty. Flavour is a slight bitterness surrounded by a dull touch of citrus (mostly lemon) and spiciness (coriander, maybe clove).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Diqqiediq (17) - Meerkerk, NETHERLANDS - JAN 1, 2003
A nice summer-beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
brianprentiss (700) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 29, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 3, 2008 I really wanted to like this beer as I had heard so many people rave about it. However, I wont be so ignorant to say its crap, but it sure tastes like it. I suffered through two bottles poured into a glass. The head was awesome and the beer looked great, but I couldnt stomach the taste. I actually liked the Blue Moon Belgian White better. Re:rate - I must have gotten a bad batch a few years back, this beer is not that bad. In fact, its rather tasty and refreshing. I dont love Witbiers but this is one of the better ones.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gsteph (323) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2004
On tap at the Beer Sellar in Nashville. Great golden color with white head. Floral aroma. Citrus flavor with some clove. Not my favorite, but ok. Fairly palatable. Like most Belgians, deserves a second try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
voota (765) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - AUG 12, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2007 Bottled -- Pours a very pale straw colour, with a fantastic frothy head and decent spicy aroma. Head retention was average. The taste of orange and coriander complement the slight wheat malty flavour ok, little bit of hoppyness. Clean and very refreshing, would have no trouble drinking large amounts of this beer.

wpp83 (64) - Athens, Georgia, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Oh the classic belgian white beer. Normal hazy oragne color, white soapy head, and of course the citrusy aroma and flavors. I am of course not a huge fan of the belgian white, or at least I have not yet found one that I like.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - NOV 9, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2005 This is a very smooth and refreshing belgian white, but I still like Blue Moon a lot better because it has more flavor, I tasted no orange in the Hoegaarden but did get slight banana as it warmed up. Not a bad beer but if its sitting next to Blue Moon Im picking up the Blue Moon.