overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4238   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

mauropd (37) - ITALY - NOV 3, 2002
Try the Grand Cru if you travel Belgium around april (if I well remember)

Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 28, 2002
Good Witbier! A cloudy yellow. A little yeasty and citrus-like. A touch of lemon meringue pie. Unibroue’s ’Blanche De Chambly’ is very similar. I like it a little more than Hoegaarden. It has more character. Check it out.

ampp (155) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAR 18, 2002
has the spiciness of other whites, but more subtle. Only a very slight skunk aroma. some citrus flavor. not a bad beer. Definitely improves as it warms..

RichardGretton (4758) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2002
It has got in its aroma and flavour hints of orange and grapefruit. The beer is almost clear with a slight haze, and a good sized head. For my first wheat beer it was OK but I was expecting something more special than what I got.

neilrichards (191) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2002
The most standard and available wheat beer, but by no means the best. Slightly lacking in flavour. Not bad though.

Jayb0 (1196) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Nice head and a crisp palate. Good summer beer and widely available. But many better alternatives exist if you can get them.

DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldn’t get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I can’t taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - DEC 19, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2008 Re-rate: Very cloudy, pale gold colour with a frothy white head. Lots of lemon and coriander aroma. Dry and refreshing palate, but somewhat empty. Flavour is a slight bitterness surrounded by a dull touch of citrus (mostly lemon) and spiciness (coriander, maybe clove).

Diqqiediq (17) - Meerkerk, NETHERLANDS - JAN 1, 2003
A nice summer-beer

TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 12, 2003
Nice spicy and orange aroma with the same in the tasting. What I would say detracts somewhat from this beer is that it is slightly to watery for my taste. I prefer this in summer, it's a nice refreshing beer on a hot day.